- City of San Bruno Names Meyers Nave as Special Counsel and Special Master for PG&E Pipeline ExplosionDecember 22, 2010The City of San Bruno hired Meyers Nave as its Special Counsel and Special Master to handle the legal and crisis management matters relating to the devastating and tragic pipeline explosion that killed eight people and destroyed 37 homes on September 9, 2010.
Meyers Nave will handle the extensive investigation, legal analysis , public relations, website control, legislative relations, Public ... read more
- Meyers Nave Assists the City of Stockton with its Action Plan for Fiscal SustainabilityJune 22, 2010Meyers Nave was retained by the City of Stockton in connection with its Declaration of Emergency based on fiscal circumstances.
The firm's labor and employment attorneys helped the City Council develop a ten-point action plan which would accomplish the City’s objective to implement a plan to restore long term fiscal integrity for the benefit of its citizens. The resolution will serve as a ... read more
- Meyers Nave Joins the City of Union City at the Ribbon Cutting of its BART ProjectDecember 3, 2010The City of Union City envisioned an efficient, vibrant transit-oriented development adjacent to the BART station. On Thursday, December 2, 2010, Union City celebrated the completion of the first phase of its major BART expansion. The City’s mayor, Mark Greene, was joined by Meyers Nave at the Ribbon Cutting of the Union City BART Project - the Union City Intermodal Station, which will ... read more
Municipal and Special District Law
- John Bakker and Sky Woodruff Join LOCC Taskforce to Analyze Proposition 26November 12, 2010Meyers Nave is pleased to announce that John Bakker and Sky Woodruff are members of a League of California Cities (LOCC) taskforce preparing guidance regarding the implementation of Proposition 26. The measure imposes new procedural and substantive requirements on some local fees.
Voters approved Proposition 26 at the November 2, 2010 election, and, upon certification of the results, the ... read more
- Meyers Nave Elevates Richard D. Pio Roda to PrincipalOctober 5, 2010San Francisco, CA – Meyers Nave is pleased to announce that Richard D. Pio Roda has been elevated to Principal status.
Mr. Pio Roda joined Meyers Nave in 2004 after leaving the San Francisco Unified School District as a Deputy General Counsel. As a member of Meyers Nave’s San Francisco office, Mr. Pio Roda has continued to develop his public law practice specializing in municipal law, ... read more
- Meyers Nave Obtains Major CEQA Victory for the Port of Los AngelesMarch 16, 2010
Last week, the Port of Los Angeles was victorious in a CEQA case challenging an Environmental Impact Report (EIR) for the China Shipping Terminal Project.
Meyers Nave prepared the EIR for the Port which was challenged by the City of Riverside, alleging that the Project would significantly impact at-grade rail crossings 70 miles from the Port. In the ruling issued last week, the superior ... read more