Jason Rosenberg serves as City Attorney for the City of South San Francisco and General Counsel for the Graton Community Services District, and special counsel to other public agencies. He advises on matters relating to public contracting, Constitutional law, land use, code enforcement, government ethics, the Public Records Act, and the Ralph M. Brown Act. Jason also has experience with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), state and federal water laws, and the Endangered Species Act, as well as emerging issues such as those relating to regulating new business models that are based on the sharing economy.
Prior to joining Meyers Nave in 2010, Jason worked as a land use associate with Diepenbrock Harrison LLP in Sacramento, where he advised public and private clients in transactional, regulatory and litigation matters involving CEQA and water law. He was also a compliance investigator with the Colorado Civil Rights Division, where he investigated employment discrimination claims, facilitated alternative dispute resolution, and provided legislative research and advice.
During law school, Jason interned at the San Francisco City Attorney’s office as well as the California Department of Justice, Public Rights Division. He also participated in the UC Davis Immigration Clinic, where he assisted low-income individuals with immigration issues. Jason is proficient in Spanish.
Presentations and Publications
- Presenter, “How Do Municipalities Comply with the FCC's New Rule on Small Cell Wireless Deployment?”, Meyers Nave webinar, January 2019
- Presenter, “FCC Regulatory Update Re: Small Cell Wireless Facilities Deployment,” San Mateo County Telecommunications Authority, October 2018
- Presenter, "AB 1234 State-Mandated Ethics Training," City of South San Francisco, 2016
- Presenter, "Uh-Oh! How to Steer the Ship Back to Safety in Emergency Situations," California Special Districts Association (CSDA) Annual Conference, 2015
- Presenter, "The Rideshare Industry," California Municipal Revenue & Tax Association (CMRTA), 2015
- Presenter, "City Boards, Commissions & Committee Training," City of South San Francisco, 2015
- Presenter, “Sharing Economies: How Cities Can Respond To This Trend,” League of California Cities (LOCC) City Managers Department Meeting, 2015
- Presenter, “How to Obtain, Engage and Effectively Use Your General and/or Special Counsel,” CSDA Annual Conference, 2014
- Presenter, “Staying in Compliance: Understanding Fundamental Laws,” CSDA Seminar, 2013
- Presenter, “Liquor Stores, Bars and Nightclubs: Conditional Use Permits and Best Practices for Regulating Alcohol Sales,” LOCC Annual Conference, 2011
- Member, The State Bar of California
- Member, California Special Districts Association Legal Advisory Working Group
- University of California at Davis, King Hall School of LawJD, 2007
- University of California at Los AngelesBA, History and Spanish Literature, 2000