Date: Wednesday, January 16, 2019
Time: 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
A Project Labor Agreement (PLA) is designed to facilitate complex construction projects by establishing labor-management partnerships between labor, developers, owners, contractors, community groups and public agencies. PLAs maximize project stability, efficiency and productivity by achieving labor harmony which helps ensure quality construction and project completion that is on-time and on-budget. These partnerships can also bring new work opportunities to local communities. PLAs are pre-hire arrangements that include dispute resolution processes for every worker and construction company on the project. Each PLA is negotiated and individually tailored to the needs of the specific project. Negotiating PLAs requires skilled and experienced negotiators who understand both labor and construction concerns.
On January 16, 2019 at 12:00 PM, Meyers Nave attorneys Ellyn Moscowitz and Eric Casher will provide a webinar to share their legal expertise and practical insights on planning, negotiating and implementing Project Labor Agreements. The webinar will cover common misunderstandings about PLAs, most frequent stumbling blocks in negotiating PLAs, and mistakes to avoid in enforcing PLAs. Ellyn and Eric will explain the provisions of a PLA that are critical to successfully achieving its intended benefits and the reasons that challenges may arise despite the existence of a PLA – and how to deal with them. The webinar includes recent PLA case studies that demonstrate the application of the information provided during the webinar.
The webinar will address important questions, such as:
- Why would project owners/managers want to use a PLA?
- Which entities should participate in negotiating, signing and complying with a PLA?
- How to identify non-responsive bidders and eliminate them?
- What are the common issues of debate when discussing PLAs?
- Should a PLA be included in the solicitation of bids process?
- What are the primary benefits of a PLA and do they apply to all projects?
- How can local community groups be engaged in the PLA process?
- What are the most successful strategies for ensuring a collaborative and productive negotiating process?
Date: January 16, 2019
Time: 12:00-1:30 PM
Location: This presentation is a webinar. You will receive an email with log-on instructions 24 hours prior to the webinar.
RSVP: Please register by 5:00 PM on January 15, 2019.
For more information, please contact Stephanie Hill at 800.464.3559 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This webinar has been approved for 1.5 hours of MCLE credit by the State Bar of California. Meyers Nave, a Professional Law Corporation, is a MCLE licensed provider. PN #10416