Writs and Appeals
Creative thinking, exceptional analytical brief writing and strong oral advocacy skills set our Writs and Appeals Practice Group apart—and demonstrate to the appellate bench the merits of our clients’ positions. These same abilities translate to complex writ and special proceedings in the trial courts.
Our group’s specialized legal knowledge and experience are matched by an extensive knowledge of California’s judiciary. We have achieved dozens of significant and favorable decisions for our clients, handling hundreds of writs and appeals in state and federal courts. Our expertise in matters impacting public entities in California is unmatched. Our services include:
- Appeals and extraordinary writs in state and federal courts
- Trial court writs and complex litigation
- Dispositive motions in complex litigation
- Position papers, amicus support, white papers and opinion letters
- Advice and consultation during trial to strengthen or obviate appeals (e.g., preserve the record)