Proposal Assistant – Oakland or Los Angeles
Meyers Nave is recruiting for a Proposal Assistant in its Marketing Department. This position is a nonexempt position reporting to the Director of Marketing and can be located in the Firm’s Oakland or Los Angeles office.
The Proposal Assistant is a career-building position that provides critical support to the Proposal Specialist in working with attorneys, Marketing Department colleagues and other administrative personnel throughout the firm to develop, draft and deliver compelling, competitive and creative proposals. The position includes responsibility for maintaining and updating content in the proposal database, such as representative matters and practice group descriptions, which is used in proposals, pitches and client interview presentations.
The position’s essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Maintain the Firm’s membership in Requests for Proposal (RFP) notification services and regularly check for RFPs from these services and other on-line sources;
- Assist the Proposal Specialist in receiving and reviewing RFPs to determine applicability to the Firm’s areas of legal expertise;
- Research and provide information that helps attorneys make the “go/no-go” decision to respond to an RFP, including internal information such as the Firm’s relationship with the potential client and external information such as news updates about the client;
- Coordinate with the Proposal Specialist to work with attorneys, administrative personnel and marketing department colleagues to collect, update, organize and archive information in the proposal database;
- Assist the Proposal Specialist with creating a timetable for completing each proposal;
- Coordinate the updating and archiving of proposal templates, standardized forms and frequently utilized certificates;
- Assist the Proposal Specialist in preparing and submitting the final proposal, including, when required, creating multiple printed, CD or DVD copies of the proposal;
- Edit and proofread proposals and pitch materials, ensuring materials are error free, contain uniform formatting and respond to all requirements in the RFP;
- Share ideas for tailoring the proposal to the specific RFP/client, making the proposal visually interesting (tables, graphs, etc.) and describing the Firm’s differentiating factors;
- Share best practices perspective on database organization, management and utilization;
- Draft new and creative proposal content on a self-initiated basis;
- Produce high-quality error-free work product as measured by grammar, punctuation, organization, responsiveness, accuracy, completeness, and attention to detail;
- Work occasional extended hours as needed;
- Work cordially, cooperatively, and productively with all Firm employees;
- Work on-site on a regular, reliable and punctual schedule;
- Assist with multiple projects simultaneously;
- Remain calm and focused during stressful, high-energy situations involving frequently changing priorities; and
- Other functions as assigned.
Management retains the right to add to or change the functions of this position at any time.
The following qualifications are required unless otherwise noted. Writing samples may be requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or a related discipline;
- Proposal experience preferred or equivalent experience that requires similar skills regarding content management, project planning, meeting deadlines and attention to detail;
- Ability to establish reliability, credibility and trust with attorneys, administrative personnel and marketing department colleagues;
- Dedication to superior client service;
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills;
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including effective active listening skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and complete simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment;
- Self-starter with enthusiastic initiative, self-motivation, and the greatest attention to detail, deadlines and accuracy;
- Ability and judgment to maintain confidentiality at all times;
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and the flexibility to respond productively to urgent deadlines;
- Dependable, collaborative and cooperative team player who also works well independently;
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills are required. Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop are pluses.
Meyers Nave is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any qualified applicant’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Meyers Nave will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box).
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org