1L Diversity Fellowship Program – How to Apply
Please submit the following items via the application process outlined below:
- Current resume and complete undergraduate transcript.
- Copy of grades from the first semester of law school (if grades are not available at the time of application, please state so and email first semester law grades as soon as they are available).
- Legal writing sample, unedited by a third party.
- Personal statement (750-1,000 words) in narrative form, including:
- Why do you want to become an attorney?
- Why do you want to be a Meyers Nave Diversity Fellow?
- Which Meyers Nave office (Oakland or San Diego) would you like to spend your 10-week summer in?
- What are your eligibility qualifications based on the required criteria?
- Significant academic achievements, personal accomplishments and life experiences that have shaped your values and professional goals. Information may include, but is not limited to, experiences and reflections based on:
- First generation immigrant or child of immigrants
- English as a second language
- First in family to go to college
- Child of a single parent or raised by grandparents
- Socioeconomically disadvantaged background
- Living with a disability
- Supporting self/family through college
- Working full time/part time while in college or law school
- Race, gender, ethnicity and/or LGBTQIA+
- Demonstrable experience supporting diversity, equity and/or inclusion initiatives
- The application period is December 1st through December 31st.
- Completed applications must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Interviews will be conducted by video.
- The recipients of the 1L Diversity Fellowship Program will be notified by March 1st.