Business/Legal Operations Analyst
As our Business/Legal Operations Analyst you’ll be involved in critical aspects of the Firm and utilize a broad range of financial, process and communication skills. We are looking for an ambitious and innovative individual who is organized, process driven and has a great attention to detail! As a Business/Legal Operations Analyst you will partner with executives and teams across multiple departments to drive ideas that improve the way we function and operate throughout the Firm; take charge of data management, process optimization, and project management of special projects. You will assist with departmental financial management and cross-functional alignment with company departments such as Finance, Human Resources, Technology and Administration.
Our ideal candidate uses data and metrics to examine inefficient processes and bottlenecks that increase costs and resource utilization. You must be comfortable in working independently, with the flexibility to change priorities, as the needs change. A strong working knowledge of Excel and an interest in technology is a must! The perfect person for this role will also be able to handle a fast paced work environment while being able to handle sensitive and confidential information.
Do You Have What It Takes?
The position’s essential functions include but are not limited to the following functions:
- Project manage or lead key initiatives to streamline/improve business processes and/or create new workflows
- Provide detailed reporting and analysis to unlock key insights for Firm, finance and non-finance executives
- Work cross-functionally to analyze existing processes, develop best practices, and document operational workflows with a focus on automation and scale.
- Serves as primary or secondary administrator of Firm’s Finance and HR systems; leads and/or supports system implementations, conversions, upgrades and changes.
- Responsible for maintaining data integrity by conducting regular audits.
- Develop and document system processes and user guidelines; partner with the Directors to provide training to end users on new functionality.
- Assist Finance and HR with monthly payroll process; completes payroll reconciliation and approves the final transmittal following a thorough review of payroll input and audit reports
- Oversees the time and attendance system, making necessary updates to earnings/deduction codes, cost center mapping, validating hours and assisting employees/supervisors with timesheet corrections
- Creates, schedules, and distributes Post-Payroll reports, ad-hoc reports, and compliance reports as needed for inter/external audits.
- Oversees the reporting and funding for third party vendors (i.e. Alliant, Newport Group, BEW, etc.)
- Engages in special projects including payroll integrations, testing for system upgrades, annual merit and bonus processing, year-end and W-2 processing, company acquisitions, mergers and reductions in workforce.
- Works with state/national tax authorities to comply with all reporting requirements and ensures Payroll Taxes are paid and reported to the appropriate jurisdictions in a timely manner.
- Prepare annual insurance renewal applications for all Meyers Nave insurance policies.
- Support annual budget process including data entry, verification, proofreading and production of all budget materials.
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or equivalent
- You have 2+ years of experience in accounting, finance or legal operations
- You have excellent analytical, problem-solving, and written/verbal communication skills
- You have mad excel skills and a keen interest in technology
- You are a strong team player, but can work and execute independently
- You’re driven. No one needs to push you to excel; that’s just who you are
- You are hungry to learn and you actively look for opportunities to contribute to the team
- You are highly organized and detail-oriented; you can handle multiple projects and dynamic priorities without missing a beat
Who We Are
For over 36 years, Meyers Nave has been a leading mid-sized California law firm. Our clients represent some of the most significant corporations, public entities, non-profit organizations and public-private partnerships located throughout California, as well as clients based in other states that have interests in California. Amidst our growth and change, the essence of what makes us different remains the same – we treat work colleagues as friends and clients as family. We greatly appreciate the opportunities we have to help clients resolve their most complex and highest priority transaction, litigation and regulatory compliance challenges. We are proud of the differences that we have made together in the communities where we live and work throughout California.