- Three Meyers Nave Attorneys Selected as “Super Lawyers” in Southern CaliforniaAugust 28, 2019Meyers Nave proudly announces that three attorneys are included in the 2020 list of Southern California Super Lawyers. Their legal expertise and professional accomplishments also reflect the high regard of numerous Meyers Nave practices, including Appellate Law, Constitutional Law, Environmental Law, and Land Use and Zoning Law.
We congratulate the following attorneys:
Southern ... read more
- Six Meyers Nave Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America 2020August 20, 2019Meyers Nave proudly announces that six of our attorneys are recognized in the 2020 edition of The Best Lawyers in America. Their legal expertise and professional accomplishments reflect the high regard of numerous Meyers Nave practices, including eminent domain, environmental law, land use, litigation, municipal law and natural resources law. Their recognition also demonstrates Meyers ... read more
- Deborah Fox selected among the “Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers” in Los AngelesAugust 20, 2019Meyers Nave proudly announces that the Los Angeles Business Journal selected Deborah Fox to its 2019 list of the “Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers” in Los Angeles. The Journal selected 74 lawyers from 320 nominations. As the publication explains, “There is a very special breed of attorney that needs to ... read more
- Meyers Nave Named Tier 1 Among “Best Law Firms” in Oakland for Environmental and Natural Resources Law by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® in 2020July 26, 2019Meyers Nave proudly announces that our statewide Environmental Law and Natural Resources Law practice groups have been recognized as Tier 1 among “Best Law Firms” in the metropolitan Oakland, California region by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® in 2020. The ranking process requires a Firm to have at least one attorney who is recognized in the current edition of the Best Lawyers in ... read more
- Eight Meyers Nave Attorneys Selected as “Super Lawyers” and “Rising Stars”June 27, 2019Meyers Nave proudly announces that eight of our attorneys are included in the 2019 lists of Northern California Super Lawyers, Southern California Super Lawyers and San Diego Rising Stars. Their legal expertise and professional accomplishments also reflect the high regard of numerous Meyers Nave practices and demonstrate Meyers Nave’s reputation for excellent client work from our offices ... read more
- Principal Eric Casher and Diversity Fellow Victoria Ayeni Recognized as “Gamechangers”April 30, 2019Meyers Nave proudly announces that UC Hastings College of the Law selected Principal Eric Casher and Diversity Fellow Victoria Ayeni among a special group of past and present students who are “Gamechangers” that “impact local, national and global policy and law.”
Eric Casher is a Principal at ... read more
- Deborah Fox selected among the 75 “Most Influential Women Lawyers” in Los AngelesApril 9, 2019Meyers Nave proudly announces that the Los Angeles Business Journal selected Deborah Fox to its 2019 list of the "Most Influential Women Lawyers” in Los Angeles. The Journal selected 75 women lawyers from 421 nominations. As the publication explains, “The attorneys listed in these pages were chosen to be recognized for exceptional legal skill across the full spectrum of ... read more
- Deborah Fox Named “Top Women Lawyers” in California, Speaks at Women Leadership in Law ConferenceMay 15, 2018Meyers Nave proudly announces that the Daily Journal selected Principal Deborah J. Fox to its 2018 list of "Top Women Lawyers" in California. The list honors women lawyers who have made a difference to their clients, their firms and their profession. On May 2, the day the list was published, Deborah also shared her insight ... read more
- Six Meyers Nave Attorneys Selected as “Super Lawyers”February 6, 2018Super Lawyers® evaluates attorneys from firms of all sizes in more than 70 practice areas throughout the United States. Super Lawyers® selects lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Super Lawyers Magazine, which publishes the list, is distributed to attorneys in each respective state and ABA-accredited law school libraries. We are ... read more
- Sacramento Public Law Team Wins AwardsSeptember 8, 2017Meyers Nave proudly shares the news that our Municipal and Special District Law Practice Group has achieved the Tier 1 ranking in the upcoming 2018 edition of Best Law Firms in America©. Meyers Nave moves up from Tier 2 in 2017 to the Tier 1 ranking in the category of Municipal Law in the Metropolitan ... read more
- Meyers Nave Expands Environmental Law Practice, Wins Awards and Receives Featured News CoverageAugust 30, 2017Environmental law compliance and litigation are among the highest priority concerns for public agencies and private businesses. To assist with rapidly increasing client needs, Meyers Nave has added expertly qualified attorneys to our Environmental Law Practice and deepened our services in three key areas: (1) ... read more
- Five Meyers Nave Attorneys Selected as “Super Lawyers” and “Rising Stars”February 27, 2017Annually, Super Lawyers® evaluates attorneys from firms of all sizes in more than 70 practice areas throughout the United States. Super Lawyers® selects lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations. Super Lawyers Magazine, which publishes the list ... read more
- Holiday E-Card Earns Honorable Mention in National CompetitionJanuary 1, 2017Unique E-Card Helps Protect Natural Resources
Meyers Nave proudly dedicated the firm’s 2016 holiday season gift to replenishing a vital natural resource by donating 2,500 trees to the National Forest Foundation's reforestation program. The U.S. Forest Service read more
- Jose Sanchez Named “Top 40 Under 40”October 19, 2016Meyers Nave proudly announces that Principal Jose Sanchez has been named one of the "Top 40 Under 40" professionals in the greater Sacramento region. As the publication explained, “we are honoring an impressive group of professionals who excel in their careers and in volunteer service. The judges look for leaders and innovators who ... read more
- Six Meyers Nave Attorneys Selected as “Super Lawyers” and “Rising Stars”July 7, 2016Annually, Super Lawyers® evaluates attorneys from firms of all sizes in more than 70 practice areas throughout the United States. Super Lawyers® selects lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations. Super Lawyers Magazine, which publishes the list ... read more
- Brenda Aguilar-Guerrero Named in Daily Journal’s “Top Verdicts of 2015”February 16, 2016Meyers Nave proudly announces that the Daily Journal selected the victory in Gonzalez v. Johnson as a "Top Defense Result" in its special report of the Top Verdicts for 2015. In this front-page news trial, Principal Brenda ... read more
- Holiday E-Card Earns Honorable Mention in National CompetitionDecember 18, 2015Meyers Nave announced its new Diversity Fellowship Program in the firm’s 2015 holiday e-card, which received Honorable Mention in the seventh annual national competition for the best law firm e-card. Meyers Nave’s e-card was recognized for demonstrating “the firm’s commitment to diversity” and nominated for being “entertaining and unexpected,” “cool, clever and creative” and ... read more
- Meyers Nave Receives Charles Houston Bar Association’s 2015 Corporate Recognition AwardSeptember 28, 2015Meyers Nave proudly announces the honor of being selected to receive the 2015 Corporate Recognition Award from the Charles Houston Bar Association at its Annual Gala on December 4. The award is presented to an organization that demonstrates a commitment to strengthening diversity and inclusion both in and out of the legal ... read more
- Steve Meyers Receives Municipal Lawyers Service AwardSeptember 8, 2015Meyers Nave is proud to announce that Steve Meyers will receive the 2015 “Outstanding Associate Member” award from the International Municipal Lawyers Association, in recognition of his more than 40 years of dedicated service to helping government lawyers prepare for litigation and develop new laws.
The award ... read more
- Environmental Attorneys, Practice Earn “Best Lawyers” and Tier 1 RankingsSeptember 8, 2015OAKLAND - Meyers Nave is proud to announce that its Environmental Law Practice has earned top marks from Best Lawyers in America© and U.S. News & World Report in the 2016 edition of their annual rankings of the “Best Law Firms” in the United States.
Meyers Nave is ranked “Tier 1” in the category of “Litigation-Environmental” law in the Los ... read more
- Sacramento Attorney Recognized for Practice Area ExpertiseSeptember 8, 2015OAKLAND - Meyers Nave proudly announces that Sacramento office leader Adam Lindgren is named among the top attorneys in the “Municipal Law” category in the upcoming 2016 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, one of the most highly respected peer review guides to the legal profession in the United States. ... read more
- Senior Associate Eric Casher Receives Distinguished Alumni AwardApril 20, 2015OAKLAND – Meyers Nave proudly congratulates Senior Associate Eric Casher for receiving the Distinguished Alumni Award from the Black Law Students Association of UC Hastings College of the Law. At the Black Lawyer's Appreciation Celebration on April 9, 2015, Eric was honored for his contributions to the ... read more
- Eric Casher Receives President’s Award from Charles Houston Bar AssociationDecember 9, 2014Meyers Nave proudly congratulates Associate Eric Casher for receiving the President’s Award at the December 6 annual gala of the Charles Houston Bar Association.
Eric’s active involvement in the leadership of CHBA includes serving as the organization’s General Counsel in 2013 and currently serving as its Vice President. He received the President’s Award in recognition of his dedication ... read more
- Law360 Recognizes Meyers Nave as ‘California Powerhouse’ FirmJuly 24, 2014The nationwide legal industry website, Law360, is featuring Meyers Nave as one of the publication’s 20 California Powerhouse law firms—an elite list on which Meyers Nave is the smallest and one of the youngest firms.
In its feature story, Law360 describes how Meyers Nave has grown—in just 27 years—“from a small municipal law firm in the San Francisco Bay Area into ... read more
- Shiraz Tangri Named to the Los Angeles Business Journal’s “Who’s Who in Real Estate Law”July 22, 2013Shiraz Tangri is shaping the Southern California real estate landscape through his exceptional success leading several high-profile land use, environmental and real property development cases. His practice involves all aspects of land use entitlements, compliance, litigation and lobbying, including the California Environmental Quality Act and the National Environmental Policy Act. Tangri ... read more
- Top Rated Lawyers Honors Deborah Fox among “Women Leaders in the Law” in the Nation for 2013March 7, 2013Top Rated Lawyers named Meyers Nave Principal Deborah Fox to its esteemed list of the nation’s “Women Leaders in the Law” for 2013. The list honors women lawyers who have the “highest levels of ethical standards and professional excellence.”
“Deborah is widely respected in her field and clients benefit from her widespread experience, tenacity, professionalism, and skill on every ... read more
- The Recorder Selects Jayne Williams as one of Their 2012 “Women Leaders in Law”September 12, 2012The Recorder has honored Meyers Nave Principal, Jayne Williams, to their 2012 list of Women Leaders in Law. Please click here to read the article on The Recorder's website. ... read more
- Meyers Nave Named to “Leading Environmental Practices” ListApril 9, 2012The Recorder, April 9, 2012 - A household name among governmental entities, the firm routinely scores wins for its municipal clients at trial and on appeal. It also advises on CEQA, water rights and land use issues, and represents municipalities in multimillion-dollar development projects in Northern California and across the state.
Please click read more
- Daily Journal Recognizes Meyers Nave Principal among “Top 25 Municipal Lawyers” in California for 2011December 7, 2011The Daily Journal named Meyers Nave Principal Steven Mattas to its esteemed list of California’s “Top 25 Municipal Lawyers.” The list honors lawyers who have excelled in the practice of municipal and public law in the State of California.
“Steve is a leader in the field of municipal and public law,” said David Skinner, the firm’s Managing Principal. This further ... read more
- Daily Journal Recognizes Meyers Nave Principal Edward L. Kreisberg on its Top Labor & Employment Attorneys List in CaliforniaJuly 13, 2011The Daily Journal named Meyers Nave Principal Edward “Eddie” Kreisberg to its esteemed list of California’s Top Labor and Employment Attorneys. The list honors lawyers who have excelled in the practice of labor and employment law. The Daily Journal noted Mr. Kreisberg’s successful negotiations and his acumen in assisting numerous companies and municipalities in handling labor and ... read more
- National Bar Association Selects Meyers Nave Associate Eric Casher to Its 2011 “Nation’s Best Advocates: Top 40 Under 40” Lawyers ListJune 2, 2011The National Bar Association named Meyers Nave Associate Eric Casher on its esteemed list of Top 40 lawyers under 40 for 2011. The annual list honors rising advocates in the nation’s legal industry.
The National Bar Association recognized Mr. Casher for his many professional achievements and his volunteer work. The National Bar Association is the oldest and largest national association ... read more
- Daily Journal Recognizes Meyers Nave Principal Amrit Kulkarni as a ‘Top 25 Land Use Lawyer’April 28, 2011OAKLAND, CA – The Daily Journal named Meyers Nave Principal Amrit Kulkarni to its inaugural list of California’s Top 25 Land Use Lawyers.
The list honors lawyers who have excelled in the practice of land use law. The Daily Journal recognized Mr. Kulkarni for his “wisdom in tapping into the infrastructure and large-scale institutional projects for such clients as the Port of ... read more
- City of South San Francisco Receives Helen Putnam Award for Excellence in Planning and Environmental QualityApril 15, 2011Centennial Way is a the name of South San Francisco’s three-mile trail where walkers, joggers, bicyclists and skaters can be seen enjoying leisure activity and fresh air, as well as commuters and school kids biking and walking to work and school. This ADA-accessible pathway dedicated in 2009, is also frequented by seniors with walkers and in wheelchairs; and the 1.5-acre dog park has become a ... read more
- Eric Casher Named IMPACT’s March Leader of the MonthMarch 24, 2011The national organization, IMPACT, honored Eric Casher by naming him the March Leader of the Month for his work in the political and legislative arena and fostering civic engagement. Most notably, Eric served on the National Finance Committee for the Barack Obama Presidential Campaign. His work on the Campaign began with grassroots organizing as the Northern California coordinator of Young ... read more
- Daily Journal Recognizes Meyers Nave Principal Amrit Kulkarni as “Top 20 Under 40” Lawyers in CaliforniaJanuary 12, 2011The Daily Journal named Meyers Nave Principal Amrit Kulkarni on its respected 2010 list of California’s top 20 lawyers under 40. The annual list honors rising stars in California’s legal industry. The Daily Journal recognized Mr. Kulkarni for his major victories in land use matters and noted that Mr. Kulkarni has “risen steadily within the field.”
Mr. Kulkarni joined ... read more
- Deborah Fox named Who’s Who in Law by the Los Angeles Business JournalOctober 7, 2009Deborah Fox has been named to the Los Angeles Business Journal's 2009 Who's Who in Law list.
Ms. Fox is the Principal in Charge of Meyers Nave's Los Angeles office, and she is one of California's leading authorities on constitutional law in the public sector. She is a formidable and tireless advocate for the interests of public agencies. We congratulate her on this well deserved ... read more
- Two Meyers Nave Principals Named ‘Top Women Litigators’ by Daily JournalMay 13, 2009Meyers Nave is pleased to congratulate Principals Kim E. Colwell and Deborah J. Fox on being named two of the Daily Journal's Top 100 Women Litigators in California for 2009.
Kim Colwell is recognized by her peers as one of the leading public agency civil rights litigators in California. She has dedicated her 21-year practice to defending the interests of public agencies and helping ... read more
- Meyers Nave Principal Deborah Fox Honored with 2007 Top Women Litigators AwardMay 10, 2007Meyers Nave announces that Principal Deborah J. Fox has been named one of “California's 2007 Top Women Litigators” by the Daily Journal, the state's premier legal publication.
The honor is bestowed upon the state's most prominent women litigators for their career achievements and contributions to the profession. Deborah Fox is one of California's foremost experts on First ... read more