Meyers Nave champions diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our offices, in the legal profession and in our communities.
Our approach focuses on the three pillars of diversity, equity and inclusion, all of which are fundamental principles woven into the fabric of our firm: they drive the success, innovation and leadership of Meyers Nave.
As part of our commitment to promote a diverse and inclusive workplace, we offer a 1L Diversity Fellowship Program.
Our 1L Diversity Fellowship Program is designed to help build a pipeline of diverse attorneys starting at the law school level. 1L Diversity Fellows are given meaningful work to provide them with a first-hand and immersive look at the practice of law at Meyers Nave.
Working closely with attorneys in our various practice areas, fellows gain direct insights and knowledge through participation in practice group meetings, attorney team meetings, meetings with public agency and private sector clients, depositions and hearings.
About Our 1L Diversity Fellowship Program
- Paid, full-time, 10-week summer associate position at Meyers Nave during the summer after the first year of law school with possible extension to second year summer
- $20,000 scholarship in addition to full-time paid summer position (up to $10,000 following each summer completed with Meyers Nave. Full scholarship amount is contingent on offer and acceptance to return.)
- Mentoring during law school from Meyers Nave attorneys, focusing on academic work and the practice and business of law
- Potential associate position at Meyers Nave after law school
- First-year law student, in good standing, at an ABA accredited law school with an expected graduation date of spring 2025
- Demonstrated commitment to community service and/or leadership
- Member of an underrepresented group set forth by the EEOC, member of the LGBTQ community, or member of a group traditionally underrepresented in the legal profession, including law students of color, women law students or others of diverse backgrounds
- Financial need is not required, yet it will be strongly considered along with other factors
- Academic achievements and strong writing skills
- Pending state and federal health policies, applicants must spend 10 weeks during the summer working full time in a Meyers Nave office
- Is a U.S. citizen or otherwise authorized to work in the United States
Application Requirements/How to Apply
- Click here for the full list of application requirements and information on how to apply for the Meyers Nave 1L Diversity Fellowship.
- The application period is December 1, 2022 through December 31, 2022
- Email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finalists will be notified via email by late January 2023
- Interviews will be conducted by video