Meyers Nave champions diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our offices, in the legal profession and in our communities.
Our approach focuses on the three pillars of diversity, equity, and inclusion, all of which are fundamental principles woven into the fabric of our firm: they drive the success, innovation and leadership of Meyers Nave.
As part of our commitment to promote a diverse and inclusive workplace, we offer a 1L Diversity Fellowship Program.
Our 1L Diversity Fellowship Program is designed to help build a pipeline of diverse attorneys starting at the law school level. 1L Diversity Fellows are given meaningful work to provide them with a first-hand and immersive look at the practice of law at Meyers Nave.
Collaborating closely with attorneys in our various practice areas, fellows gain direct insights and knowledge through participation in practice group meetings, attorney team meetings, meetings with public agency and private sector clients, depositions, and hearings.
About Our 1L Diversity Fellowship Program
- Paid, full-time, 10-week summer associate position in Meyers Nave’s Oakland or San Diego office during the summer after the first year of law school with possible extension to second year summer.
- $20,000 scholarship in addition to full-time paid summer position (up to $10,000 following each summer completed with Meyers Nave. Full scholarship amount is contingent on offer and acceptance to return.)
- Mentoring during law school from Meyers Nave attorneys, focusing on academic work and the practice and business of law.
- Potential associate position at Meyers Nave after law school.
The weekly salary for this California-based role is $2,884.62, and represents the firm’s good faith and reasonable estimate of possible compensation at the time of posting.
- First-year law student, in good standing, at an ABA accredited law school with an expected graduation date of Spring 2026.
- Demonstrated commitment to community service and/or leadership.
- Contribute to the diversity of Meyers Nave and the legal community including, but not limited to, members of traditionally underrepresented groups set forth by the EEOC and in the legal community, including law students of color, women law students, first-generation college or law students, veterans, students with disabilities, LGBTQIA+ students, students from disadvantaged socioeconomic backgrounds and students who have demonstrable experience supporting diversity, equity and/or inclusion initiatives. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
- Academic achievements and strong writing skills.
- Pending state and federal health policies, applicants must spend 10 weeks during the summer working full-time in a Meyers Nave office.
- Is a U.S. citizen or otherwise authorized to work in the United States.
Application Requirements/How to Apply
- Click here for the full list of application requirements and information on how to apply for the Meyers Nave 1L Diversity Fellowship.
- Email your completed application to email@example.com.
- The application period is open annually, December 1st through December 31st.
- Interviews will be conducted by video.
- The recipients of the 1L Diversity Fellowship Program will be notified by March 1st.
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attorney Recruiting Contact
Sharon Mettler, Attorney Recruiting & Professional Development Manager: email@example.com