Accounting Coordinator (Oakland)
Meyers Nave is recruiting for an Accounting Coordinator. This is a non-exempt position reporting to the Director of Finance and is located in the Firm’s Oakland office.
ABOUT MEYERS NAVE
Meyers Nave has an exceptional reputation in California as a go-to law firm that clients rely on to handle their highest profile, most complicated and often most controversial transactions and litigated matters. Attorneys work in multi-disciplinary teams to help public agencies, private businesses and non-profit organizations navigate complex local, state and federal laws and regulations. Meyers Nave was founded over 35 years ago and has grown into a state-wide firm with approximately 65 attorneys in five locations.
The Accounting Coordinator will perform a variety of accounting and audit tasks in a timely and accurate manner such as keeping financial records and data updated, preparing financial reports, and reconciling bank statements. The incumbent will also run accounting software programs to process business transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, expense vouchers, and receipts.
The position’s essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Monitor and maintain daily cash receipts from a variety of locations and reporting formats;
- Perform and/or manage bank reconciliation process for all bank accounts;
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings, and statements;
- Manage petty cash reimbursement process and reconciliations;
- Review check requests and invoices to ensure proper coding and approval authorization;
- Review expense reports to ensure proper coding and approval authorization.
- Assist with full-cycle accounts payable process;
- Perform numerous General Ledger tasks, including but not limited to, generating and monitoring monthly journal entries and reconciling balance sheet accounts;
- Assist with processing payroll for workforce of 100+ employees;
- Review timesheets for accuracy and compliance with Firm policies and procedures;
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the Finance Department, including but not limited to filing, copying, and scanning;
- Research, track, and restore accounting inquiries and discrepancies;
- Train as back up for other Finance Department tasks as needed;
- Maintain and protect the confidentiality of all data information related to the Firm’s employees and clients;
- Work cordially, cooperatively, and productively with all Firm employees;
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, work well under stress, and respond quickly to changing priorities and deadlines;
- Attend work on-site on a regular and reliable schedule and have the ability to work overtime when necessary; and
- Perform other functions as assigned.
Management retains the right to add to or change the functions of this position at any time.
The following qualifications are required unless otherwise noted:
- 2-year Associate’s degree required (Accounting, Finance or Business preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business a plus;
- Minimum one (1) year accounting, financial services or relevant experience;
- Solid understanding of accounting principles;
- Prior bookkeeping experience, a plus;
- Proficiency with computers, accounting software, MS Office and Excel;
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills;
- Ability to communicate with courtesy, diplomacy and discretion;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high ethical standards and strict confidentiality; and
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
Meyers Nave is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any qualified applicant’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status or any other category protected by law.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com
Direct applicants only. The Firm is not accepting submissions from recruiters for this position.