Administrative Practice Assistant (Los Angeles, CA)
Meyers Nave is recruiting for a full-time Administrative Practice Assistant (APA) in its Los Angeles office.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
Meyers Nave has a special reputation in California as a go-to law firm that clients rely on to handle their highest profile, most complicated and often most controversial transactions and litigated matters. Attorneys in the Firm’s five California offices work in multi-disciplinary teams to help public agencies, private businesses and public-private partnerships navigate an extensive range of local, state and federal laws and regulations. The results of our work and the expertise of our attorneys have led to numerous prestigious awards and honors, including Law360’s “California Powerhouse,” The Recorder’s “Giant Slayer” and The Daily Journal’s “Top Defense Result,” as well as many attorneys recognized in Best Lawyers in America and SuperLawyers. We are proud to handle precedent-setting matters for California’s legal community.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The APA role requires strong customer service skills and ability to maintain positive working relationships with clients, and personnel. This position reports to the Operations Manager. Prior experience in a legal, or professional, environment is preferred but not required.
The position’s essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of shared office spaces (conference spaces, copy rooms, file rooms, kitchen areas), ensuring all rooms are stocked and continuously ready for use;
- Communicate with building management for service calls, parking, deliveries; and, with all vendors for delivery and service calls;
- Planning, coordinating and ordering for office events (e.g., happy hours, meals and in-office events and meetings);
- Prepare office/workstation for new hires, and assist with IT equipment set-up;
- Assist with preparation for and scheduling of meetings, teleconferences, conferences and travel;
- Organize documents, and prepare binders and files to house relevant legal and non-legal materials;
- Review incoming mail and route to attorneys, the Firm’s Calendaring Department, and others; assist as a back-up in reception, greeting clients, answering in-coming calls, scheduling of conference rooms;
- Partner with Firm’s Records Dept. to create, review and maintain electronic and physical case files, including supporting the firm’s “paper lite” initiative, setting up files and binders;
- Maintain shared office calendars and individual attorney/director calendars in Outlook, partnering with the Firm’s Docketing Dept., when necessary;
- Enter attorneys’ billable time, as requested, coordinating with the Billing Dept. to facilitate attorneys’ timely review of monthly billing statements;
- Prepare check requests, expense reports and book travel arrangements, coordinating payment to vendors when necessary;
- Other functions as assigned.
Management retains the right to add to, or change, the functions of this position at any time.
The following qualifications are required:
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate (in person, by phone and in writing) with a diverse group of attorneys, non-attorney employees and vendors with courtesy and professionalism.
- Internet savvy with general knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel) is required;
- Extraordinary computer literacy with accurate and swift typing speed with the ability to perform tasks in a timely manner with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritize workload, while maintaining high ethical standards and strict confidentiality of all information the employee may receive in the course of employment;
- Desire to maintain and update skills as required by the position;
- Knowledge and experience running office equipment (e.g., copiers, scanners, fax machine), and understanding of US Postal Service and express mailing (e.g., FedEx, UPS, etc.)
Meyers Nave is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any qualified applicant’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status or any other category protected by law. Meyers Nave will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with state law.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. The pay range for this position, working in our Los Angeles offices is $28.00 to $30.00 per hour depending on experience.
Meyers Nave complies with the requirements of all applicable California and federal employment laws, including those protecting disabled individuals. If you have difficulty using our online application system due to a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact us via email or phone: email@example.com or (510) 808-2000.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should click here to apply.