- Daily Journal Recognizes Meyers Nave Principal among “Top 25 Municipal Lawyers” in California for 2011December 7, 2011The Daily Journal named Meyers Nave Principal Steven Mattas to its esteemed list of California’s “Top 25 Municipal Lawyers.” The list honors lawyers who have excelled in the practice of municipal and public law in the State of California.
“Steve is a leader in the field of municipal and public law,” said David Skinner, the firm’s Managing Principal. This further ... read more
- National Bar Association Selects Meyers Nave Associate Eric Casher to Its 2011 “Nation’s Best Advocates: Top 40 Under 40” Lawyers ListJune 2, 2011The National Bar Association named Meyers Nave Associate Eric Casher on its esteemed list of Top 40 lawyers under 40 for 2011. The annual list honors rising advocates in the nation’s legal industry.
The National Bar Association recognized Mr. Casher for his many professional achievements and his volunteer work. The National Bar Association is the oldest and largest national association ... read more
- Eric Casher Named IMPACT’s March Leader of the MonthMarch 24, 2011The national organization, IMPACT, honored Eric Casher by naming him the March Leader of the Month for his work in the political and legislative arena and fostering civic engagement. Most notably, Eric served on the National Finance Committee for the Barack Obama Presidential Campaign. His work on the Campaign began with grassroots organizing as the Northern California coordinator of Young ... read more
- City of South San Francisco Receives Helen Putnam Award for Excellence in Planning and Environmental QualityApril 15, 2011Centennial Way is a the name of South San Francisco’s three-mile trail where walkers, joggers, bicyclists and skaters can be seen enjoying leisure activity and fresh air, as well as commuters and school kids biking and walking to work and school. This ADA-accessible pathway dedicated in 2009, is also frequented by seniors with walkers and in wheelchairs; and the 1.5-acre dog park has become a ... read more
- Multidisciplinary Meyers Nave Team Contributes to Landmark Redevelopment ProjectApril 30, 2009A multidisciplinary team of Meyers Nave attorneys is advising the City of Inglewood on the planned redevelopment of the Hollywood Park racetrack.
The track, located three miles east of Los Angeles International Airport, is the largest parcel of undeveloped land in the Greater Los Angeles Area.
The planned $2 billion Hollywood Park Tomorrow project would create a vast mixed-use community on ... read more
- Meyers Nave Helps Public Entities Respond to the Governor’s Proposed Elimination of Redevelopment AgenciesFebruary 4, 2011When Governor Jerry Brown proposed to eliminate the state’s 400 redevelopment agencies to help balance the budget, many cities and redevelopment agencies reached out to Meyers Nave to help devise strategies to save redevelopment projects should the Governor’s plan come to fruition.
As special and general counsel to several dozen city and county redevelopment agencies, Meyers Nave ... read more
- Sacramento Hires Meyers Nave to Review Its Loan Agreements with the Kings Basketball TeamMarch 28, 2011The City of Sacramento has hired Meyers Nave to review loan agreements signed in 1997 between the City and the Kings Basketball Team. The Kings are contemplating relocating from Sacramento to Anaheim, but before they do, they will need to fulfill a legal requirement to repay a city loan in the amount of $77 million.
Meyers Nave will advise the City on its legal ability to enforce the ... read more
Municipal and Special District Law
- City of Livingston Appoints Jose Sanchez as City AttorneyMarch 2, 2011At its March 1st council meeting, the City Council of the City of Livingston appointed Jose Sanchez as its City Attorney. He has been the Interim City Attorney for the City since September 2010. Jose's municipal law practice focuses on advising both cities and special districts on a full range of legal issues including land use, code enforcement, the Public Records Act, the Brown Act, and ... read more