Labor and Employment
- David Middleton Elected President of the Earl B. Gilliam Bar FoundationNovember 14, 2022Labor & Employment associate David Middleton was recently elected president of the Earl B. Gilliam Bar Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization whose mission is to represent the interests of the African American legal community in San Diego County. David has been an Earl B. Gilliam Bar Foundation board member ... read more
- Arlene Yang Appointed to the 2022-2023 National Asian Pacific American Bar Association Board of GovernorsOctober 25, 2022Labor & Employment partner Arlene Yang was recently appointed as the Southern California Regional Governor of the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA).
Arlene will be sworn in with the other 2022-23 Board of Governors – comprised of officers, directors, regional governors, and at-large ... read more
- Meyers Nave Expands Labor and Employment Practice with Arrival of Neha ShahOctober 12, 2022Neha Shah has joined the firm as a senior associate in the Labor and Employment Practice continuing the group's strategic growth and strengthening its client offerings. She is based in the firm's Los Angeles office.
She ... read more
- Get to Know Labor and Employment Attorney Corrin JohnsonJuly 20, 2022Corrin Johnson recently joined Meyers Nave’s Labor and Employment Group as a senior associate in our San Diego office. Corrin provides advice and counsel to public and private entities on a broad range of matters involving discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination, harassment and wage and hour disputes.
We asked her ... read more
- Q&A With Janice Brown and Arlene Yang on Their Victory in Employment Termination Defense VerdictJuly 19, 2022We asked Janice Brown and Arlene Yang to tell us about their experience working on the Meyers Nave legal team with Nicole Ries Fox that recently won a defense verdict on all accounts in an employment law case after seven years of litigation and a 10-day bench trial in the Superior Court of California, County of San Diego.
The case, Horner v. Leone, concerned a former executive of Mr. ... read more
- Meyers Nave Achieves Defense Verdict in Alleged $2.8 Million Employment Termination Case After Seven Years of LitigationJuly 11, 2022Attorneys Janice Brown, Arlene Yang, and Nicole Ries Fox prevailed in a recent decision by the Superior Court of California, County of San Diego, in an employment litigation case in which the plaintiff sought more than $2.8 million, plus punitive damages.
Following seven years of litigation and a ten-day bench trial, Judge Eddie C. Sturgeon ruled in favor of the defendants on all counts, a ... read more
Eminent Domain and Inverse Condemnation
Trial and Litigation
- Alicia Morrell to Speak on Allyship at the California Minority Counsel Program Business ConferenceOctober 11, 2022On October 12, Alicia Morrell will be a featured speaker at the California Minority Counsel Program (CMCP) Business Conference in Los Angeles at 3:30pm. CLE credit is available.
Alicia’s panel, “I’ve Got Your Back: Supporting Women of Color,” will explore allyship with women of color and other groups, ... read more
- Meyers Nave Named to the Los Angeles Business Journal’s 2022 Most Admired Law Firms ListSeptember 22, 2022Meyers Nave is proud to once again be named among the 2022 Most Admired Law Firms by the Los Angeles Business Journal.
The publication noted that the firms selected are “consciously working towards creating diverse, positive and supportive environments to help drive the success of their ... read more
- Meyers Nave Celebrates Hispanic Heritage MonthSeptember 22, 2022Each year, National Hispanic Heritage Month is celebrated from September 15 to October 15, honoring the histories, cultures and contributions of Americans whose ancestors came from Spain, Mexico, the Caribbean and Central and South America.
At Meyers Nave, we are committed to increasing and promoting diversity among our employees while improving the inclusion and belonging experience.
In ... read more
- Eight Meyers Nave Attorneys Recognized as 2023 “Best Lawyers in America”August 18, 2022Meyers Nave proudly announces that eight of our attorneys are recognized in the 2023 edition of The Best Lawyers in America.
Their legal expertise and professional accomplishments reflect the high regard of numerous Meyers Nave practices, including eminent domain, environmental law, land use, litigation, municipal law and natural resources law. Their recognitions also demonstrate ... read more
- Deborah Fox Selected as a Top Women Lawyer by the Daily JournalMay 18, 2022Meyers Nave proudly announces that the Daily Journal selected Principal Deborah J. Fox to its 2022 list of “Top Women Lawyers” in California. The Daily Journal award article features Deborah’s expertise with First Amendment issues, land use litigation and crisis management. The list honors women lawyers who ... read more
- Super Lawyers Distinguishes Meyers Nave Lawyers in San DiegoApril 4, 2022Meyers Nave is pleased to announce our attorneys have been listed as 2022 “Super Lawyers” and “Rising Stars” in San Diego. Published in Super Lawyers Magazine, only up to five percent of the lawyers in California are named to the Super Lawyers list and only up to 2.5 percent are named to the Rising Stars list.
The recognitions demonstrate Meyers Nave’s highly regarded ... read more
Meyers Nave News
- Meyers Nave Northern California Attorneys Receive 2022 “Super Lawyers” and “Rising Stars” RecognitionJuly 6, 2022Meyers Nave proudly announces that nine attorneys were selected for inclusion in the 2022 “Northern California Super Lawyers” list and the 2022 “Northern California Rising Stars” list. Published in Super Lawyers Magazine, only up to five percent of the lawyers in California are named to the Super Lawyers list and up to 2.5 percent are named to the Rising Stars list.
We ... read more
- Meyers Nave Welcomes Jeffrey Wilcox as Of Counsel to the Eminent Domain and Inverse Condemnation PracticeJune 15, 2022June 15, 2022 (Oakland) – Meyers Nave is continuing its strategic growth and strengthening its client offerings with the addition of Jeffrey (Jeff) Wilcox as Of Counsel in the firm’s statewide Eminent Domain and Inverse Condemnation ... read more
- Meyers Nave Named Tier 1 “Best Law Firms” in Oakland for Two Practice Areas by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® in 2022March 9, 2022Meyers Nave proudly announces that our statewide Environmental Law and Natural Resources Law practice groups have been recognized as Tier 1 among “Best Law Firms” in the metropolitan Oakland, California region by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® in 2022. The ranking process requires a Firm to have at least one attorney who is recognized in the current edition of the Best Lawyers in America, and ... read more
- Six Meyers Nave Attorneys Recognized as “Best Lawyers in America” in 2022March 9, 2022Meyers Nave proudly announces that six of our attorneys are recognized in the 2022 edition of The Best Lawyers in America. Their legal expertise and professional accomplishments reflect the high regard of numerous Meyers Nave practices, including eminent domain, environmental law, land use, litigation, municipal law and natural resources law. Their recognition also demonstrates Meyers Nave’s ... read more