Aleene Madikians is an Associate in Meyers Nave’s Eminent Domain & Inverse Condemnation Practice. She represents and advises public and private sector clients through all stages of civil litigation involving eminent domain, land use, water, CEQA, and major public infrastructure projects.
Aleene recently second chaired an eminent domain trial that involved bringing renewable wind and solar energy from the Tehachapi Mountains and Mojave Desert areas to Los Angeles. Her experience includes drafting pleadings, writs of mandate, pretrial motions, motions in limine, motions to compel discovery, oppositions to demurrers, discovery requests, discovery responses, settlement documents, purchase and sale agreements, and right of entry agreements. She has also reviewed litigation guarantees and environmental impact reports, and worked on class action litigation.
While in law school, Aleene served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Otis D. Wright II of the U.S. District Court, Central District of California.
Her community service includes volunteering in the Domestic Violence Clinic at the Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles where she conducted intakes, interviewed potential clients and assessed the strength of their claims. She also prepared documents to secure temporary restraining orders, child custody orders and divorces.
Presentations and Publications
- Author, “District Court Applies Discretionary Function Exception–Dismissed Claims Under Federal Tort Claims Act for Lack of Subject Matter Jurisdiction in Groundwater Contamination Case,” 28 Environmental Liability, Enforcement & Penalties Reporter, 24–25 (2017)
- Author, “District Court Dismisses Motion to Dismiss for Lack of Subject Matter Jurisdiction Under the Clean Water Act’s Citizen Suit Provision,” 27 Environmental Liability, Enforcement & Penalties Reporter, 301–302 (2017)
- Volunteer, Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles, Domestic Violence Clinic, 2013-2016
- Loyola Law School, Los AngelesJD, 2015
- California State University, FullertonBA, Philosophy, 2010