Alexandra I. Wolf
Alexandra (Ali) Wolf is an Associate in the Municipal and Special District Law Practice Group which provides advice and counsel to cities, counties and special districts of all types throughout the state.
Ali’s experience working with government entities includes serving as Assistant City Attorney for the City of Walnut Creek, Bridge Fellow for the Oakland City Attorney’s Office, a Legal Intern in the Federal Public Defender’s office for the Northern District of California, a Legal Intern in the Felony Trial Department and the Clean Slate Program of the Alameda County Office of the Public Defender, and a Legal Extern for the Honorable Judge Edward Chen of the United States District Court, Northern District of California.
Ali’s legal background includes researching and drafting opinions, orders and legal memoranda on a variety of subjects, including , damages, sentencing enhancements, statute of limitations, civil rights, ERISA, Tenant Protection Ordinance, Public Utilities Code, and the controversial practice of judges discharging deliberating jurors. She wrote a motion and reply for writ of habeas corpus, a motion to dismiss felony charges, and two successful motions for early termination of supervised release. Ali also has assisted with litigation by coding discovery, writing witness declarations and assisting attorneys with case preparation for court.
Prior to law school, Ali worked for Girls Educational & Mentoring Services (GEMS), an internationally recognized organization and one of the largest providers of services to youth in the U.S. who have experienced commercial sexual exploitation and/or domestic trafficking. Ali supervised two teams of staff to design and facilitate multi-day training curricula on sexual exploitation and survivor leadership. She led and presented over 150 multi-day training programs to over 4,000 professionals.
Honors and Awards
- First Place, ABA Regional Los Angeles Trial Competition, Hastings Intercollegiate Trial Team, 2017-2019
- Second Place, ABA National New Orleans Trial Competition, Hastings Intercollegiate Trial Team, 2017-2019
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Legal Ethics, 2018
Presentations and Publications
- Author, “Cal/OSHA’s COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standards Change Yet Again,” Meyers Nave Client Alert, December 22, 2021
- Author, Update on California’s COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standards, and OSHA, Meyers Nave Client Alert, June 10, 2021
- Update Coauthor, California Land Use Practice, Chapters 1, 2, 5, and 6 (research and drafting assistance for Chapter 12), CEB, 2020
- Vice President of the Board of Trustees, You Are More Than, Inc.
- Volunteer, Rural Justice Clinic, 2020
- Volunteer, Legal Advice and Referral Clinic, 2018-2019
- University of California, Hastings College of the LawJD, cum laude, 2019
- Northeastern University BA, summa cum laude, International Affairs; Minors, Middle East Studies and Arabic, 2011