Alicia M. Morrell
Alicia Morrell is a Senior Associate in Meyers Nave’s Labor and Employment Practice, and Workplace Investigations Practice. She provides an array of advice and counseling services to clients on labor and employment matters.
Alicia advises clients on terminations, leave, handbook and policy compliance, and injury and illness prevention programs. She has extensive litigation experience, including handling trials, arbitrations, and mediations. She defends employers against claims of discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, retaliation, wage and hour, and PAGA claims. Alicia also provides in-person and online anti-harassment and anti-discrimination training.
In addition to Alicia’s law practice, she served as the Assistant Dean for Student Affairs at the University of the Pacific – McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento, where she was the primary academic advisor to almost 600 law students and oversaw the administration of the JD academic program. Prior to her work for McGeorge School of Law, Alicia worked for multiple college campuses overseeing graduate students, student organizations, and diversity and social justice programs. Prior to joining private practice, Alicia served as a Judicial Law Clerk for three years in the United States District Court in the Southern District of California.
Honors and Awards
- Faculty Award, 2015
- American Jurisprudence Award for Academic Excellence, 2014
- Julie A. Sina Award for Inspirational Leadership, 2008
Presentations and Publications
- Presenter, “Employment Law Update – Private Sector and Non-Profit Employers,” Meyers Nave webinar, January 12, 2023
- Presenter, “Employment Law Update – Public Entity Employers,” Meyers Nave webinar, January 11, 2023
- Presenter “How To Use Investigation Results to Better the Workplace,” CALPELRA 2022 Annual Training Conference, November 18, 2022
- Author, Appendix G: Larry P. v. Riles in Advocacy for Low-Income Children with Disabilities in California (2014)
- Association of Title IX Administrators, Certified Level 2 Civil Rights Investigator
- California Western School of LawJD, 2015
- University of the PacificMA, Education Administration and Leadership, 2008
- Ball State UniversityBS, Sociology, 2006