Corrin M. Phillip
Corrin Phillip is a Senior Associate in the Labor and Employment and Workplace Investigations Practice Groups. Corrin provides private, public, and non-profit employers with a comprehensive range of employment law advice and counsel including internal investigations, compliance, and litigation. Corrin advises clients on a wide range of employment law matters in state and federal court, which include discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination, harassment and wage and hour disputes.
Corrin has conducted independent investigations into a wide array of issues, including allegations of harassment, discrimination, retaliation, abusive conduct, whistleblower claims, misappropriation of funds, abuse of authority, and other sensitive matters against high-ranking executives and elected officials. Her workplace investigations practice includes reviewing evidence and interviewing witnesses to determine facts relating to alleged misconduct, evaluating factual findings to ascertain compliance with workplace policies, and providing recommendations for appropriate responses and potential courses of action tailored to specific situations as part of confidential reports to clients.
Prior to joining the firm, Corrin was an employment law and business litigation associate at a boutique law firm in San Diego. Her experience also includes successfully litigating special education administrative claims before the California Office of Administrative Hearings, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California, and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
She served as a Judicial Law Clerk for Justice Max Baer of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania and the Honorable Ann A. Osborne in the Court of Common Pleas of Delaware County.
In addition to her law practice, Corrin has advocated for and advised people with disabilities, formerly incarcerated individuals, domestic violence survivors, indigent clients and transgender individuals as an intern with various legal aid organizations in family and civil rights matters.
Presentations and Publications
- Presenter, “Employment Law Update – Private Sector and Non-Profit Employers,” Meyers Nave webinar, January 12, 2023
- Presenter, “Employment Law Update – Public Entity Employers,” Meyers Nave webinar, January 11, 2023
- Member, The State Bar of California
- Member, California Women Lawyers, 2021-current
- Board Member, Lawyers Club of San Diego, 2023-current
- Gender Equity Committee Co-Chair, Lawyers Club of San Diego, 2021-current
- Volunteer, San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program, 2017-2021
- Temple University, James E. Beasley School of LawJD, 2013
- Penn State UniversityBS, Forensic Science, 2009