Dante Foronda is Of Counsel to the firm’s Eminent Domain and Inverse Condemnation Practice Group. He has litigated numerous condemnation matters on behalf of private and public entities, such as the Bay Area Rapid Transit District (BART), the San Mateo Transit District (SamTrans), the Oakland Housing Authority, the Oakland Redevelopment Agency, the San Francisco Redevelopment Agency, the City of Fremont, El Dorado County, the City of Elk Grove, and the Napa County Flood Control and Water Conservation District.
Prior to joining Meyers Nave, Dante was a partner of Erickson, Beasley and Hewitt. While at EB&H, Dante specialized in representing public entities in a variety of cases including complex eminent domain and inverse condemnation, governmental tort liability, employment and civil rights actions.
Dante is admitted to practice in the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and U.S. District Courts for the Northern District of California.
Presentations and Publications
- Presenter, “Relocation Law,” 19th Annual Northern California Eminent Domain Conference, CLE International, 2017
- Presenter, “Precondemnation Damage Claims, Theory and Practice,” CLE Eminent Domain Conference, 2009
- Presenter, “Temporary Construction Easements,” International Right of Way Association, Chapter 27, 2009
- Presenter, “Right to Take Challenges,” CLE Eminent Domain Conference, 2008
- Presenter, “Handling a Right to Take Trial,” CLE Eminent Domain Conference, 2004
- Presenter, “Loss of Goodwill: Key Cases,” International Right of Way Association, Chapter 27, 2004
- Presenter, “The Trial of a Right to Take Challenge,” Joint International Right of Way Association, Chapter 2 and American Public Works Association Conference, 2004
- Presenter, “Triad Examination of a Goodwill Appraiser,” International Right of Way Association, Chapter 2, 2003
- Presenter, “The Trial of a Right to Take Challenge,” International Right of Way Association, Chapter 27, 2003
- Presenter, “Eminent Domain Trial Practice,” Lorman Educational Services, 2003 and 2006
- Member, The State Bar of California
- Member, Alameda County Bar Association
- Member, International Right of Way Association, Chapters 2 & 27
- Oakland Human Relations Commission (1995-1998)
- Filipinos for Affirmative Action, Board of Directors (2001-2002)
- University of California at Berkeley, School of LawJD, 1989
- University of California at BerkeleyBA, Rhetoric, 1986