David Middleton is a Senior Associate in Meyers Nave’s Labor and Employment Practice Group advising clients on a wide range of employment law matters in state and federal court.
David’s clients range from professional sports clubs, retailers, to nonprofit and for-profit entities. He has guided clients on decisions related to the request for proposal competitive bidding process, internships, and enforcement of restrictive covenants in the employment and commercial setting. David has extensive experience drafting internal research, memoranda, and motions.
Prior to joining Meyers Nave, David served as an Associate for a San Diego-based law firm where he represented clients in the auto manufacturing, retail, and healthcare industries in matters involving the Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act, premises liability, products liability and negligence. His prior experience also includes serving as a judicial law clerk for four years in the United States District Court in the Southern District of California.
Honors and Awards
- San Diego Rising Stars list: Employment & Labor, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2022
- Louis M. Welsh American Inn of Court Member (Associate) – 2017-18 National First Place Team Program Award (Unfriendly Skies: The Trial Lawyer and the Untriable Case)
Presentations and Publications
- Author, “Employer Cruises to Victory with Supreme Court Arbitration Ruling,” Meyers Nave Client Alert, June 15, 2022
- Presenter, “Employment Law Update – Public Entity Employers,” Meyers Nave webinar, January 13, 2022
- Presenter, “Employment Law Update – Private/Non-Profit Employers,” Meyers Nave webinar, January 11, 2022
- Interview, “Recent Changes to the Federal Vaccine Mandate,” KUSI News, December 28, 2021
- Author, “The Federal Vaccine Mandate Is Back, for Now,” Meyers Nave Client Alert, December 20, 2021
- Interview, “California Returns To Mask Mandate,” CBS News 8, December 16, 2021
- Interview, “Future of Workplace Vaccine Mandates,” ABC News 10 San Diego, November 15, 2021
- Board of Directors, Earl B. Gilliam Bar Foundation (2019-Present)
- Bar Process Management Coordinator and Tutor, Minority Legal Education Resources, Inc. (2018-Present)
- John Marshall Law SchoolJD, 2013
- University of MichiganBA, 2010