Erica C. Gonzalez
Erica Gonzalez is an Associate in the Municipal and Special District Law Practice Group which provides advice and counsel to cities, counties and special districts of all types throughout the state. She currently serves as Assistant City Attorney for the City of San Leandro.
Prior to joining the firm, Erica worked as an Associate Attorney at a boutique law firm in San Francisco with a focus on public entity defense. She has a unique background in defending various types of public entities, including cities, municipalities, special districts, recreation districts, and transportation agencies in matters involving tort liability claims, design defect and dangerous condition of public property.
As an experienced litigator, Erica handles all aspects and stages of litigation for both private and public clients and has experience in both state and federal court. Erica has also advised and counseled public entities on risk management and claim handling.
Presentations and Publications
- Presenter, “Wanted: A Workable Sidewalk Ordinance,” Public Agency Risk Management Association, January 2021
- Member, The State Bar of California
- Member, San Francisco La Raza Lawyers Association
- Thomas Jefferson School of LawJD, 2011
- University of California at BerkeleyBA, Social Welfare and Minor in Public Policy, 2001