Frank A. Splendorio
Frank Splendorio is a Senior Associate at Meyers Nave with broad experience assisting clients in a variety of legal matters.
Frank currently serves as the City Attorney for the City of Atwater and the City of Plymouth, and Deputy City Attorney for the City of Rancho Cordova. In these roles, Frank provides advice and guidance to various departments on a wide range of issues, including the Public Records Act, code enforcement, and employment and personnel matters.
Prior to joining Meyers Nave, Frank’s public entity work included first-hand experience as a Deputy City Attorney in the City Attorney’s Office of the City of Vallejo. In addition to advising on legal and regulatory matters affecting governance, decision-making, daily operations and long-term policy, he defended the City in civil rights matters and matters involving the City’s municipal authority.
Frank has also defended school districts and other public entities against a diverse range of lawsuits in matters alleging wrongful conduct by public agencies. He has served as the lead attorney on a broad litigation caseload for private businesses and has experience representing developers and contractors in complex construction defect lawsuits.
While in law school, Frank served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Marvin R. Baxter at the California Supreme Court and as a Judge Advocate General Corps intern for the U.S. Coast Guard.
Presentations and Publications
- Presenter, “Special District Stories and Lessons Learned from the Trenches,” California Special Districts Association Leadership Academy Conference, April 2020 (postponed due to coronavirus pandemic)
- Presenter, “Conflicts of Interest and FPPC Form 700,” California Special Districts Association Workshop, March 2020 (cancelled due to coronavirus pandemic)
- Presenter, “Transparency and Accountability: Updates on the Brown Act and Conflicts of Interest,” Board Secretary/Clerk Conference and Certificate Program, California Special Districts Association, 2019
- Presenter, “Staying in Compliance: Understanding Special District Laws,” Board Secretary/Clerk Conference and Certificate Program, California Special Districts Association, 2019
- Presenter, “Ethics: AB 1234 Compliance Training,” California Special Districts Association District Network Workshop, 2018
- University of California, Hastings College of the LawJD
- University of California at BerkeleyBA, 2004