Frank A. Splendorio
Frank Splendorio is a Senior Associate at Meyers Nave with broad experience assisting clients in a variety of legal matters.
Frank’s public entity work includes first-hand experience as a Deputy City Attorney in the City Attorney’s Office of the City of Vallejo. In that role, Frank defended the City in civil rights matters and matters involving the City’s municipal authority. He also provided advice and guidance to various departments on a wide range of issues, including the Public Records Act, code enforcement, and employment and personnel matters. Frank currently serves as the City Attorney for the City of Plymouth and the General Counsel for Rolling Hills Community Services District.
Frank has also defended school districts and other public entities against a diverse range of lawsuits in matters alleging wrongful conduct by public agencies. He has served as the lead attorney on a broad litigation caseload for private businesses and has experience representing developers and contractors in complex construction defect lawsuits.
While in law school, Frank served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Marvin R. Baxter at the California Supreme Court and as a Judge Advocate General Corps intern for the U.S. Coast Guard.
Presentations and Publications
- Presenter, “Transparency and Accountability: Updates on the Brown Act and Conflicts of Interest,” Board Secretary/Clerk Conference and Certificate Program, California Special Districts Association, 2019
- Presenter, “Transparency and Accountability: Updates on the Brown Act and Conflicts of Interest,” California Special Districts Association Annual Conference, 2019
- Presenter, “Staying in Compliance: Understanding Special District Laws,” Board Secretary/Clerk Conference and Certificate Program, California Special Districts Association, 2019
- University of California, Hastings College of the LawJD
- University of California at BerkeleyBA, 2004