Kelsie E. Russell
Kelsie Russell is an associate in Meyers Nave’s Labor and
employment law practice group, which represents employers
throughout California with various legal challenges. Kelsie
has extensive experience handling discovery disputes,
subpoenas, and document productions. Her experience also
includes witness preparation for deposition and trial,
moderating jury focus groups, taking depositions, drafting
and arguing motions, and creating compelling mediation
briefs to successfully resolve cases.
Kelsie successfully advocated for a client who received a just
result when there was very little physical evidence to support
her client’s position. Kelsie has experience framing issues
and situations to advocate for her client in a persuasive,
compelling manner to come to meaningful resolution for all
parties involved. Kelsie is skilled in making sure her client is
accurately heard and understood.
Kelsie has successfully won discovery oppositions to protect
her client’s privacy. Kelsie has also successfully opposed
dispositive motions to protect her client’s claims and rights.
She has experience with trials, arbitrations, and mediations
to advocate passionately for her clients.
As a former public school teacher and plaintiff attorney,
Kelsie has successfully worked with people from broadly
diverse backgrounds, education, and life experiences to find
common ground and meaningful resolutions to conflict.
Kelsie is passionate about supporting her clients in
successfully navigating their fears, stresses, and challenges to
come out stronger on the other side of it.
Honors and Awards
- Individual Oralist Award and Top Brief Award, USE Moot Court Alumni Torts Competition, 2020
Presentations and Publications
- “Camaraderie Despite Covid: Companionship Offsets Challenges of Returning to Campus.” For the Record: San Diego County Bar Association’s Publication for New Lawyers, September 2021
- “Build Your Own Network to Combat Professional Isolation.” For the Record: San Diego County Bar Association’s Publication for New Lawyers, April 2021
- “Shared Experiences.” Lawyers Club News, Issue No. 9, October 2020, pp. 8-9.
- “Depositions from a Law Student’s Perspective: Learning by Experience and Observation.” For the Record: San Diego County Bar Association’s Publication for New Lawyers, March 2020
- Member, State Bar of California
- San Diego County Bar Association, New Lawyers Division Law Student Representative, 2021
- Lawyers Club of San Diego
- US District Court of the Southern District of California
- University of San Diego School of LawJD, 2022
- University of OklahomaMaster of Education in Instructional Leadership and Academic Curriculum: English Education, 2011
- Seattle Pacific UniversityBA, English, cum laude, 2008