Lauren E. Quint
Lauren Quint is a Senior Associate with the Municipal and Special District Law group, advising clients on the full range of legal issues, including the Ralph M. Brown Act, Public Records Act, public contracting, and general law issues. Lauren brings a comprehensive understanding of public law, which she uses to counsel her public entity clients with particular expertise in public records, government ethics, police services, fees and assessments, and elections. She has worked with her public entity clients to craft and update numerous ordinances including those pertaining to second-hand smoke, plastic bag and polystyrene bans and massage regulations. Lauren is a frequent presenter at AB 1234 ethics trainings.
Lauren is Assistant City Attorney to the City of Dublin, General Counsel for the Oro Loma Sanitary District, General Counsel for the Novato Sanitary District, Assistant General Counsel for the Tamalpais Community Services District, and Assistant General Counsel for the Bayshore Sanitary District. She also represents numerous other public agencies on a regular basis.
Before joining Meyers Nave, Lauren was an associate at a large, general practice law firm, where she represented a diverse range of clients including non-profit corporations. She also gained invaluable experience as a Judicial Extern during her tenure with both the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and the San Francisco Superior Court’s Behavioral Health Court.
While in law school, Lauren served as the Senior Articles Editor for the Hastings Law Journal and as a mediator at the San Francisco Small Claims Court.
Honors and Awards
- Recipient, CALI/Witkin Award for Highest Grade in Criminal Procedure, Civil Procedure and Negotiation/Mediation
Presentations and Publications
- Presenter, “Special District Boards: Rules & Regulations Regarding Vacancies and Appointments,” California Special Districts Association’s Board Secretary/Clerk Conference, 2017
- Presenter, “Staying in Compliance: Understanding Fundamental Special District Laws,” California Special Districts Association’s Board Secretary/Clerk Conference, 2017
- Presenter, “Staying in Compliance: Understanding Fundamental Special District Laws,” CSDA Board Secretary/Clerk Conference, 2015
- Presenter, “Ethics AB 1234 Compliance Training,” CSDA webinar, 2015
- Author, “Bridging the Gap: An Application of Social Frameworks Evidence to Shaken Baby Syndrome,” Hastings Law Journal, 2011
- Member, The State Bar of California
- Member, American Bar Association, State and Local Government Section and Young Lawyers Section
- Member, Queen’s Bench Bar Association
- University of California, Hastings College of the LawJD, cum laude, 2011
- University of PennsylvaniaBA, summa cum laude, Political Science and Psychology, 2006