Nicole Ries Fox
Nicole Ries Fox is a Senior of Counsel in the Labor and Employment Practice Group. She is an experienced trial and appellate litigator who has represented both private and public entities in high impact litigation in federal and state court.
Nicole has expertise in a wide range of subject areas, including employment law, unfair competition, administrative law, civil rights, criminal law and procedure, and constitutional law. She has a well-established track record of providing clients with thoughtful guidance, effective writing, and strategic representation on complex and high profile matters from the pre-litigation stage all the way to the United States Supreme Court. Nicole’s current practice focuses on representing companies and public entities in employment-related and general civil litigation in state and federal courts.
Prior to joining Meyers Nave, Nicole was a Deputy Attorney General with the Healthcare Rights and Access Section of the California Department of Justice, where she conducted investigations and affirmative litigation relating to healthcare affordability and accessibility. She previously served as an Assistant United States Attorney for the Southern District of California, where she prosecuted cases involving narcotics importation and distribution, computer hacking, sex trafficking, and represented the United States as the lead attorney in over 70 criminal appeals.
Nicole served as a law clerk for the Honorable William A. Fletcher of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. In 2011, she was awarded the Bristow Fellowship with the United States Office of the Solicitor General. She subsequently practiced appellate litigation with two of the nation’s premiere Supreme Court & Appellate practices.
Honors and Awards
- U.S. Department of Justice Bristow Fellowship, 2011
- UC Berkeley School of Law Thelen Marin Prize for Academic Achievement, 2009
Presentations and Publications
- Author, “Employer Cruises to Victory with Supreme Court Arbitration Ruling,” Meyers Nave Client Alert, June 15, 2022
- Board of Directors, Arts Education Connection San Diego, 2021-current
- Member, Community Service Committee, Lawyers Club of San Diego, 2021-current
- Member, Development Committee, The Appellate Project, 2021-current
- Practitioner Advisor, UC Berkeley School of Law Appellate Advocacy Course, Fall 2021
- Mentor, UC Berkeley School of Law First Generation Professionals Mentor Program, 2021-2022
- Member, Federal Bar Association, 2014-current
- University of California at Berkeley, School of LawJD, 2009
- Yale UniversityBA, Political Science, 2004