Robert G. Davis
Bob Davis is an attorney in the Trial and Litigation Practice Group and the Eminent Domain and Inverse Condemnation Practice Group. He has defended clients in all aspects of litigation in state and federal court, including drafting and arguing dispositive motions, taking and defending depositions, and participating in multiple trials. Bob’s approach is to continually evaluate cases and manage case strategy in order to constantly strengthen the client’s position and successfully control litigation budgets.
Bob has litigation experience in a wide variety of practice areas. For private entities, Bob’s areas of practice include unfair business practices and false advertising, intellectual property, fraud, governmental compliance and investigations, contract disputes, construction and real estate matters, insurance coverage, landlord-tenant, product liability, bankruptcy, premises liability, and employment. Bob’s private entity experience includes clients from a wide range of industries, such as finance, retail, manufacturing, construction, education, charitable foundations, technology, automotive, commercial property, and restaurants. For public entities such as counties, cities and special districts, Bob handles federal civil rights claims, defense of government officials, eminent domain and inverse condemnation, real estate litigation, public financing, and land use matters.
Private Entity Experience
- Successfully defended a Fortune 500 company in a premises liability trial that received significant media coverage.
- Defended one of the largest vehicle dealerships in California during an investigation by the California Attorney General regarding alleged false advertising and financing violations.
- Represented a renowned artist’s charitable foundation in a matter involving a significant international art transaction.
Public Entity Experience
- Represented a Bay Area transportation agency in an eminent domain trial that resulted in an order requiring the landowner to return almost $1 million of the deposit paid by the client.
- Represented a municipality and its officials in a high-profile federal civil rights case related to a murder investigation.
- Secured and foreclosed a Special Tax Lien on real property on behalf of a municipality.
- Xiamen University School of LawMA, Chinese Civil and Commercial Law, 2016
- University of Oregon School of LawJD, 2014
- University of Wisconsin at MadisonBA, History and Political Science, 2011