Stephanie E. Stupakis
Stephanie Stupakis began practicing law in 2019 and in 2023 was named a Super Lawyers Rising Star. As an Associate in the Trial and Litigation Practice Group, Stephanie’s experience includes buyout agreements, tenant-landlord issues, wrongful and constructive eviction, tenant harassment, failure to repair, sexual harassment, FEHA related claims, and more.
Stephanie earned her undergraduate degree in Sociology and Law, Societies, and Justice, from the University of Washington where she was on the Dean’s list for three consecutive years. She later went on to earn her Juris Doctor degree from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law, now known as the University of California College of the Law, San Francisco.
During law school, Stephanie was the Managing Editor of the Hastings Women’s Law Journal, the Professional Development Coordinator for the Women’s Law Society, an Executive Board member of the Hastings Public Interest Law Foundation, and published a scholarly article on the Violence Against Women’s Act.
Prior to practicing law, Stephanie worked as a part-time law clerk for the San Francisco City Attorney’s office’s Land Use department, where she supported the deputy city attorneys in litigating state and federal matters involving writs of mandate, CEQA, civil rights, constitutional challenges, and declaratory and injunctive relief actions.
Honors and Awards
• Northern California Rising Stars list: Real Estate, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2023
Presentations and Publications
- Author, What the Future May Hold for Victims of Domestic and Sexual Violence Without the Violence Against Women Act, 30 Hastings Women’s L.J. 261 (2019)
- Member, State Bar of California
- Counselor, San Francisco Housing Right Committee, 2019-2022
- Victim Support Team Member, Seattle Police Department’s Domestic Violence Unit, 2014-2016
- University of California, Hastings College of the LawJD, 2019
- University of WashingtonBA, Sociology and Law, Societies & Justice, 2014