Travis T. Hall
Travis Hall is an Associate in the Labor and Employment Practice Group serving clients from the public, private and non-profit sectors. He provides employers with a complete range of labor and employment law services, including advice on daily employee relations issues, compliance training, workplace investigations, and administrative hearings and litigation. Travis has guided clients on termination decisions and issuance of discipline, as well as updates to employee handbooks and arbitration agreements.
Travis’ clients range from health care networks and nationwide retailers to professional sports clubs, television studios and public institutions. He has served as second chair in a trial in Los Angeles County Superior Court and, in another case, successfully argued a demurrer hearing in Los Angeles County Superior Court. Travis has defended employers in single plaintiff and class actions suits in state and federal court and has worked on litigation matters involving claims of harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and wage and hour violations.
Travis has drafted and argued dispositive motions (summary judgment motions, motions for removal, motions to decertify class) in state and federal court, taken 15+ plaintiff depositions, defended 50+ depositions, and prepared matters for mediation and trial. His successful trial skills were demonstrated early in his career when, as a Certified Law Clerk for the United States Attorney’s Office for the Central District of California, Major Frauds Section, he tried and won a bench trial as first chair, conducting a direct examination, cross examination, and closing argument before a U.S. District Court Magistrate Judge.
- Represented regional health care network against claims of harassment and retaliation by a former employee. Obtained summary judgment of underlying claims and resolved matter on favorable terms.
- Represented nationwide retailer against class wage and hour claims. Engaged in substantive motion practice resulting in decertification of class on numerosity grounds.
- Represented professional sports club against claim of discrimination. Assisted in litigating case in federal court, ultimately settling days before trial.
- Conducted independent, third-party investigation into allegations of workplace harassment at a major television studio and allegation of sexual misconduct on a television production set.
- Second chaired a trial in Los Angeles County Superior Court, representing a large public institution and assisting in all aspects of trial.
- Defended employers in single plaintiff and class action suits in state and federal court concerning the Fair Employment and Housing Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, and Private Attorneys General Act.
- University of California at Los Angeles, School of LawJD, 2014
- University of California at Los AngelesBA, Political Science, 2011