Yujin Chun is a Senior Associate in the Trial & Litigation Practice and Commercial Litigation Practice. Yujin is a litigator with experience representing clients from numerous industries, including healthcare, finance, real estate, technology, automobiles, and hospitality. She has handled litigation involving class actions, contractual disputes, trade secrets, and employment.
Yujin’s comprehensive experience includes engaging in all stages of discovery, including taking and defending depositions, drafting and arguing dispositive and discovery motions, and conducting compliance interviews. She has also managed teams of attorneys and paralegals in representing businesses and individuals in litigation matters.
Yujin has engaged in trial, mediation, arbitration, and settlement proceedings. She has also conducted direct examination of client witnesses in arbitration and evidentiary hearings. Yujin has prepared and argued successful motions, ex parte applications, and other moving papers.
Yujin served as a Legal Extern to Hon. Suzanne H. Segal, Chief Magistrate Judge for the Central District. Her volunteer work includes working with the Legal Aid Society of Orange County representing and assisting low-income senior citizens with bankruptcy, limited conservatorship, federal forfeiture, social security, housing, veteran law, and elder abuse matters.
- Represented an activist fund in a misappropriation of trade secrets and wrongful termination suit before the American Arbitration Association.
- Represented commercial lending companies in breach of contract litigation cases against defendants across the United States, including via summary judgment and settlement.
- Represented a nursing home facility in a real estate transaction dispute in mediation.
- Represented multiple durable medical equipment providers regarding termination of contracts with a health plan and acquired rescissions of terminations.
- Represented an auto parts distributor in a partnership and wrongful termination dispute.
- Defended a hospital and a hospital system in a class action suit.
- Conducted internal compliance interviews for a major medical equipment company.
- Assisted with international arbitration matters with Korean language evidence and clients.
Honors and Awards
- Southern California Rising Stars list: General Litigation, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2019-2020
- Forever Duke Award, 2019
- Patricia Herzog Pro Bono Service Award, 2015
Presentations and Publications
- Author, “Recounting the Benefits of Legal Specialization,” Los Angeles Lawyer, March 2020
- Presenter, “Bridging the Gap 2020,” Los Angeles County Bar Association (postponed due to coronavirus pandemic)
- Presenter, “Bridging the Gap 2019,” Los Angeles County Bar Association, March 30, 2019
- Presenter, “Bridging the Gap 2018, Los Angeles County Bar Association, April 7, 2018
- Author, “Making Contact: The Benefits of Building a Strong Network,” Los Angeles Lawyer, March 2018
- Q&A Interview, Privacy Piracy Radio Show, KUCI 88.9 FM, September 26, 2016
- Author, “Pokémon GO to the Courts: Legal Ramifications of Augmented Reality Gaming for Businesses,” Daily Journal, August 24, 2016
- Author, “If They are Placed in Prison like Criminals, Then Why Don’t They Get a Lawyer?,” Human Rights at Home Blog, May 19, 2015
- Presenter, “Precarious Lives: Central American Families and the Limits of U.S. Immigration Policy,” Cornell University, April 24, 2015
- Author, “Data Duel: Divergent EU and US Personal Information Collection Decisions,” 2 Cornell International Law Journal online 93, 2014
- Author, “Recognition, Realization, Resignation: The Human Right to Water in Europe,” 2 Cornell International Law Journal online 80, 2014
- Author, “Courts Shall Not Rule on Homeschool Alone: Romeike v. Holder and the Intersection of Fundamental Rights and Asylum,” 2 Cornell International Law Journal online 60, 2014
- Author, “World War II in Glendale: A Look Back at Hwang v. Japan,” 2 Cornell International Law Journal online 8, 2014
- Author, “English for the English: Immigration and Language in Britain,” 1 Cornell International Law Journal online 168, 2014
- Author, “Tokals and Sister Wives: The Role of Religion in Polygamy in Kazakhstan and Utah, “1 Cornell International Law Journal online 149, 2014
- Author, “Sex Sells, But You Can’t Buy It: French Lawmakers to Penalize Prostitution Clients,” 1 Cornell International Law Journal online 90, 2013
- Author, “Felony Disenfranchisement in the U.K. & the U.S.,” 1 Cornell International Law Journal online 86, 2013
- Author, “Guys & Idols: Difficulties With South Korean Conscription Reform,” 1 Cornell International Law Journal online 45, 2013
- Author, “Medals, Scandals, and Propaganda: 2014 Winter Olympic Games and Anti-Gay Propaganda Laws in Russia,” 1 Cornell International Law Journal online 31, 2013
- Presenter, “Special Education Law,” Tompkins County Health Department, October 3, 2013
- Member, The State Bar of California
- Executive Vice President of Public Relations, Los Angeles County Bar Association Young Lawyers/Barristers Section, 2019-2020
- Executive Committee member, Los Angeles County Bar Association Young Lawyers/Barristers Section, 2017-2021
- Board Member, Cornell Club of Los Angeles, current
- Board Member, Duke Alumni Association of Southern California, current
- Chair, Duke Southern California Women’s Forum, 2019-2021 (Major Events Chair, 2017-2019)
- Member and Volunteer Attorney for Monthly Legal Clinic, Korean American Bar Association, current
- Cornell Law SchoolJD, 2015
- Duke UniversityBA, English, 2011