Billing and Client Relationship Manager – Oakland
Meyers Nave is recruiting for a Billing and Client Relationship Manager in its Finance and Billing Department. This is an exempt position reporting to the Director of Finance and is located in the Firm’s Oakland office.
ABOUT MEYERS NAVE
Meyers Nave has an exceptional reputation in California as a go-to law firm that clients rely on to handle their highest profile, most complicated and often most controversial transactions and litigated matters. Attorneys work in multi-disciplinary teams to help public agencies, private businesses and non-profit organizations navigate complex local, state and federal laws and regulations. Meyers Nave was founded over 30 years ago and has grown into a state-wide firm with approximately 65 attorneys in five offices.
The Billing and Client Relationship Manager collaborates with the Director of Finance to produce and oversee prompt and efficient billing processes to clients on a monthly basis. This role supervises and communicates with Billing Specialists and maintain high client relationships on billing and collection.
The position’s essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Manage the Firm’s billing and collections processes;
- Manage a team of Billing Specialists, assess work product, and provide hands-on oversight and support;
- Prepare all necessary monthly reports;
- Collaborate with the Conflicts Group on New Business Forms and Conflicts;
- Develop and maintain billing templates for client invoices for billing systems;
- Interact and respond timely with Principals, Attorneys, and Secretaries on all billing inquires and rate approvals;
- Oversee billing processes and procedures, and implement any necessary changes that will enhance production;
- Communicate and collaborate operational changes with Finance Director and staff;
- Conduct monthly meetings with the Billing Group to improve process efficiencies, promote communication among group members, and resolve questions;
- Confirm Trust balances before transferring to general ledger;
- Monitor unapplied cash balances and work with billing staff and attorneys to apply;
- Coordinate with consultants and other outside vendors;
- Provide backup support to Accounting Group when needed;
- Demonstrate commitment to quality, customer service, and teamwork;
- Work extended hours as needed;
- Work on-site on a regular, punctual, and reliable schedule;
- Work cordially, cooperatively, and productively with all Firm employees;
- Remain calm and focused and work efficiently and accurately during high-energy situations involving frequently changing priorities;
- Calculate automatic and potential CPI increases outlined in existing contracts;
- Create rate surveys for certain types of clients using Meyers Nave existing rates with similar clients and online research to supplement with broader industry rate data; and
- Perform other functions as assigned.
Management retains the right to add to or change the duties of this position at any time.
The following qualifications are required unless otherwise noted:
- A four-year degree from an accredited university or college;
- 8-10 years of progressively responsible work experience as a billing/accounting department and or operational managerial role in a law firm or professional services firm;
- Effective leader, capable of managing and motivating direct reports;
- Experience with legal billing software preferably from a mid to large law firm; Must have strong technology skills including MS Office Suite and the ability to leverage technology. Experience with Rainmaker and Smart Time software is a plus;
- Experience with task based billing processes is preferred but not required;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high ethical standards and strict confidentiality;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and update skills as required by the position;
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints and within budget;
- Strong written and verbal skills;
- Excellent judgment, creative, quick study and independent ability to problem solve and make decisions;
- Polished and professional demeanor;
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office; and
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate in person and by phone with a diverse group of attorneys, staff and vendors to provide information with courtesy and tact.
Meyers Nave is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any qualified applicant’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status or any other category protected by law.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org