Business Development Specialist (Oakland, Los Angeles or San Diego)
Meyers Nave is recruiting for a Business Development Specialist. This is a non-exempt position reporting to the Business Development Manager and may be located in the Firm’s Oakland, Los Angeles or San Diego office.
ABOUT MEYERS NAVE
Meyers Nave has an exceptional reputation in California as a go-to law firm that clients rely on to handle their highest profile, most complicated and often most controversial transactions and litigated matters. Attorneys work in multi-disciplinary teams to help public agencies, private businesses and non-profit organizations navigate complex local, state and federal laws and regulations. Meyers Nave was founded over 30 years ago and has grown into a state-wide firm with approximately 65 attorneys in five locations.
The Business Development Specialist supports the Marketing Department in a variety of marketing and business development programs, activities, plans, and initiatives. The position will work closely with the Business Development Manager, assisting with the day-to-day execution of tasks related to attorney support, practice group support, and event management.
The position’s essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Maintain the Firm’s experience database by ensuring attorney bios, practice group descriptions and representative experience sections are updated;
- Play a key role in the RFP, proposals, and pitches process, manage deadlines, develop frameworks of initial drafts, and work closely with Practice Group Leaders;
- Maintain the Firm’s CRM system, including resolving duplicate contact information, generating various reports, updating database content for business development purposes such as adding new contacts, tracking contact participation, etc.;
- Update the Firm’s website with current attorney biographies, practice group descriptions, written content, events and other general information;
- Prepare and distribute clients alerts, newsletters, Firm announcements, and awards;
- Host online events and conduct related administrative tasks including pre- and post-online event registrations, presentation materials, minor video editing, video library management, website updates, etc.;
- Maintain social media channels (i.e. LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, SlideShare);
General Essential Functions
- Maintain composure and work efficiently and accurately during high-energy situations involving frequently changing circumstances;
- Demonstrate excellent customer support;
- Work cordially, cooperatively and productively with Firm employees;
- Travel to all Meyers Naves offices on an as-needed basis; and
- Other duties as required.
Management retains the right to add to or change the functions of this position at any time.
- 3-5 years of experience in law firm or professional services business development and/or marketing;
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, or a related field, or the equivalent professional experience including strong knowledge of business development, marketing, and client relations;
- Excellent organizational, written and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks with great attention to detail;
- Proactive and deadline oriented;
- Strong knowledge of CRM, Adobe Photoshop and InDesign, and website updates;
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team and/or remotely;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Strong knowledge of social media channels including LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, and SlideShare;
- Willingness and availability to work additional hours as needed;
- Demonstrated problem-solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills; and
- Strong computer skills.
Meyers Nave is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any qualified applicant’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status or any other category protected by law. Meyers Nave will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct applicants only. The Firm is not accepting submissions from recruiters for this position.