Business Development Specialist (Oakland, Los Angeles, San Diego, Sacramento)
Meyers Nave is recruiting for a Business Development and Marketing Specialist. This is a nonexempt position reporting to the Business Development and Marketing Manager and is located in the Firm’s Oakland, Los Angeles, Sacramento or San Diego office.
ABOUT MEYERS NAVE
Meyers Nave has an exceptional reputation in California as a go-to law firm that clients rely on to handle their highest profile, most complicated and often most controversial transactions and litigated matters. Attorneys work in multi-disciplinary teams to help public agencies, private businesses and non-profit organizations navigate complex local, state and federal laws and regulations. Meyers Nave was founded over 30 years ago and has grown into a state-wide firm with approximately 65 attorneys in five locations.
The Business Development and Marketing Specialist supports the Business Development and Marketing Department in a variety of marketing and business development programs, activities, plans, and initiatives. The position will work closely with the Business Development and Marketing Manager, driving the day-to-day execution to meet or exceed expectations for projects and tasks related to attorney support, practice group support, pitching and proposing, and event or sponsorship management.
The position’s essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Support the Director of Business Development and Marketing, and Business Development and Marketing Manager in Firm marketing, PR, web and strategic plan initiatives;
- Maintain the Firm’s experience database by ensuring attorney bios, practice group descriptions and representative experience sections are updated;
- Support the Firm’s website needs with current attorney biographies, practice group descriptions, written content, events and other general information;
- Play an ownership role in the proposal go/no-go process, managing pitch deadlines, developing frameworks for initial drafts, proactively engaging with revisions as needed and working closely with attorneys and marketing team until submission;
- Draft, prepare and distribute clients alerts, newsletters, Firm announcements, invitations and awards;
- Maintain the Firm’s CRM system, including resolving duplicate contact information, generating various reports, updating database content for business development purposes such as adding new contacts, tracking conference participation, etc.;
- Host online webinars and conduct related administrative tasks including pre- and post-online event registrations, presentation materials, minor video editing, video library management, website updates, etc.;
- Own and coordinate events, seminars, webinars and speaking engagements with the Business Development and Marketing Manager or as assigned by practice groups;
- Support major events or acting as a liaison for negotiating contracts for event planning may be needed;
- Work with the business development and marketing team to create, update, audit and organize marketing collateral and related records as well as web content
- Maintain social media channels (i.e. LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, SlideShare);
- Conduct research in support of new business opportunities and pitches, working with the team to minimize the administrative burden to lawyers;
- Liaise with finance team for invoices and expenses as needed;
- Maintain composure and work quickly, efficiently and accurately during high-energy situations involving frequently changing circumstances;
- Demonstrate excellent reliability, proactive customer support, and comradery in the role, towards the team, the firm, clients and potential clients;
- Travel to all Meyers Naves offices on an as-needed basis;
- Work extended hours as requested;
- Attend work on-site on a regular, punctual, and reliable schedule;
- Manage multiple problems and projects at once;
- Work cordially, cooperatively and productively with all Firm employees; and
- Other functions as assigned.Management retains the right to add to or change the functions of this position at any time.
The following qualifications are required unless otherwise noted:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, or a related field, or the equivalent professional experience including strong knowledge of business development, marketing, and client relations;
- 4-6 years of experience at a law firm or business development and/or marketing at a professional services firm;
- Strong knowledge of CRM and computing skills including use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), WordPress Adobe Photoshop and InDesign, and website maintenance;
- Demonstrated excellence and confidence in organizational, written and interpersonal skills;
- Proactive and deadline oriented;
- Ability to work professionally, independently or as part of a team and/or remotely in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong knowledge of social media channels and tools including LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, Bambu and SlideShare;
- Demonstrated problem-solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high ethical standards and strict confidentiality of all information that the employee may receive as a result of her or his role;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and update skills as required by the position;
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints and within budget;
- Strong written and verbal skills; and
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate in person and by phone with a diverse group of attorneys, staff, and vendors to provide information with courtesy, confidence and tact.
Meyers Nave is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any qualified applicant’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status or any other category protected by law. Meyers Nave will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box).
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org