Meyers Nave presents a webinar series addressing tools for economic and community development in the post-redevelopment era.
Nuts and Bolts for Successor Agencies: Thursday, February 9, 10 – 11 a.m.
Land Use and Housing Tools: Thursday, February 16, 10 – 11 a.m.
Financial and Other Resources: Thursday, February 23, 10 – 11 a.m.
Brownfields Tools and Strategies for Successor Agencies: Thursday, March 1, 10 - 11 a.m.
These complimentary programs will address:
- Practical advice on successor agency actions and operations
- Strategies for asset retention and disposition
- Financial and other resources for economic and community development and brownfields remediation
- Land use tools available to public agencies and private developers
- Limited liability options available to Successor Agencies for contaminated properties
- Is the Polanco Redevelopment Act still a viable brownfields tool?
Speakers: Each panel will include Meyers Nave attorneys from the firm’s Land Use, Public Law, Public Finance, and Redevelopment, Real Estate and Housing Practice groups.
This webinar series will cover:
- Required Successor Agency actions
- Completing the Recognized Obligation Payment Schedule
- Strategies for land retention and disposition
- Strategies for affordable housing preservation and production
- Brown Act compliance, agendas, resolutions, conflicts of interest
- Joint powers agency agreements
- Land use strategies, including general plan and specific plan amendments, zoning, development agreements and design guidelines
- Public-private partnerships
- Design-build contracting
- Financial resources including debt instruments, revenue measures, New Market Tax Credits, and more
- Polanco Act and other tools available to Successor Agencies for contaminated properties
- EPA and other funding sources available to cities and communities to address brownfields
There is no fee to participate. Webinar log-in information will be emailed to you after you have registered. If you already registered for a session in this series, you can use the same log-on information that was previously provided to you.
If you have questions you would like us to address during the webinar, please provide your questions during the registration process. There will also be an opportunity to ask questions during each webinar.