Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina
Please join Meyers Nave attorney Kristopher Kokotaylo for a presentation titled "Drones in Your District: Technology, Existing Law and Privacy Concerns" at the California Special Districts Association's Annual Conference on October 12 in San Diego.
The Federal Aviation Administration is tasked with ensuring that drones are operated safely within navigable airspace, but the FAA has declined to address the privacy rights of citizens on the ground. Consequently, the burden falls on state and local governments to respond to privacy concerns that individuals raise related to the images, footage or other information that can be captured through both public and private drone use.
To help public agencies navigate the regulatory complexities associated with drones, Kris will provide solutions and guidance on the following key questions:
- What are the potential uses of drones by local governments?
- What are the legal boundaries and limitations upon the public and private use of drones at the local level?
- What are the possible protections that local jurisdictions can adopt to prevent invasive drone use?
- What issues must local agencies consider when implementing public agency use of drones?
- What is the status of both passed and proposed California state legislation regarding drones?
Date: Wednesday, October 12
Time: 3:45 - 4:45 PM
Where: Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina, San Diego, CA