This CALPELRALearn program focuses on employment law claims, with an eye toward early detection, minimizing risk, common mistakes and problems, recent developments, and strategies for effectively resolving and litigating employment claims.
This three-hour program will provide essential information about identifying, addressing, and litigating employment law claims:
- Get a primer on the range of employment claims, including discrimination, harassment and retaliation, medical leave and failure to accommodate, invasion of privacy, unfair labor practices, due process, and violations of rules and MOU’s.
- Learn where to look and what to look for to detect potential employment claims.
- Learn how and when to mediate, and how to improve your chances for a successful mediation.
- Learn how to avoid, prepare for, and participate effectively in litigation.
- Learn how to avoid, prepare for, and participate effectively in arbitration, including tips on approach, arbitrator selection, and testifying.
- Learn about recent legal developments and common public agency mistakes.