The #MeToo movement created a cultural shift in society’s awareness of the widespread presence of sexual harassment and assault in business, media, Hollywood, and government. Daily headlines show employers from every sector are facing an unprecedented pace of workplace misconduct claims. In addition to accelerating the number of claims, the #MeToo movement is expanding the scope of claims and potentially limiting employers’ options for confidentiality agreements and arbitration of workplace misconduct claims.
On August 8 from 10:00 to 11:15 AM, Camille Hamilton Pating, Chair of Meyers Nave’s Workplace Investigations Practice, will present a webinar that examines the trends for the next phase of workplace misconduct claims, including implicit bias and behavioral micro-inequities, unhealthy workplace culture, abusive conduct, and workplace civility. Camille will also explain how social media is changing the complaint, investigation and consequences process. The webinar also addresses the elimination of bias in the legal profession through data analysis and hypotheticals that present the overall topic in the context of understanding and preventing bias in the legal profession.
The seminar will help employers:
- Understand the expanded scope of conduct that warrants investigation and creates potential liability
- Recognize and develop response protocols for new sources of complaints emerging from social media
- Prepare strategies for the new rules regarding compliance analysis of stale complaints
- Create more effective anti-harassment training programs
- Develop new approaches to risk management
- Determine how to leverage workplace culture to prevent problematic conduct
Approved Credit: The webinar is approved for the following credits: 1.25 hours of Elimination of Bias MCLE credit, 1.25 hours of HRCI General credit and 1.25 hours of SHRM General credit.
Date: Wednesday, August 8
Time: 10:00 AM – 11:15 AM PST
Location: This presentation is a webinar. The webinar host, Clear Law Institute, will send you an email with log-on instructions prior to the webinar.
Cost: $149 per person. A 35% discount is available to Meyers Nave clients and colleagues. Please use the promo code “CHamiltonPating114796” when checking out.
RSVP: Please click here to register on the Clear Law Institute website.