Please join Eric Firstman, Chair of Meyers Nave's Construction Practice, and Meyers Nave Principal Doug McManamon for a full-day program that will review the key issues and trade-offs at each stage of a California public works construction project. This seminar sold out twice in Los Angeles and is now offered on January 17 in San Jose and January 24 in Oakland. Please make your reservation soon to attend. The seminar is approved for the following credits: CA MCLE 6.00, AICP 6.0 and ISM 6.00. Please click here to view the program agenda.
Starting with selection of a project delivery method, the seminar will move through the life cycle of a project including professional services agreements, prequalification and best value selection, key construction contract terms, limiting liability and risk transfers, labor compliance, liquidated damages, disputes, statutory claim procedures, closeout and prompt payment of retention. The seminar will cover the recently expanded scope of the California conflict of interest statutes, prevailing wage enforcement and statutory limits on indemnities and damages. Covering more than just the nuts and bolts, the seminar will provide perspectives on the most important issues that arise and how the manager strikes the right balance in the solutions chosen at each stage.
The topics include:
• Options and Selection of a Contracting Method
• Generally Applicable Statutes and Requirements
• Procuring Consultants, Architects, Engineers, Construction Managers
• Preparing the Construction Contract
• Procuring the Construction Team
• Common Bidding Issues and Bid Protests
• Managing Construction Issues
• Managing Project Change and Emerging Claims
• Understanding and Drafting for Claims on Public Works Projects
• Managing Project Closeout
• Managing the Disputes and Claims Process Required Under PCC § 9204
Register Below on the Lorman Education Services Website
DATE TIME LOCATION REGISTRATION LINK
January 17, 2018 8:30 AM-4:30 PM San Jose, CA Click Here
January 24, 2018 8:30 AM-4:30 PM Oakland, CA Click Here
Discount Code: A discount is available for Meyers Nave clients and colleagues. Please enter H2102152 for San Jose and M1599337 for Oakland. The discount code field is located on the first page of checkout.