Please join Eric Firstman, Chair of Meyers Nave's Construction Practice, Principal Doug McManamon and Senior Of Counsel Ian Johnson for a full-day program that will review the key issues and trade-offs at each stage of a California public works construction project. This seminar previously sold out and is now being offered again on October 30 in Los Angeles. Please make your reservation soon to attend. The seminar is approved for the following credits: CA MCLE 6.00, AICP 6.0 and ISM 6.00. A 50% discount is available for Meyers Nave clients and colleagues.
Starting with selection of a project delivery method, the seminar will move through the life cycle of a project including professional services agreements, prequalification and best value selection, key construction contract terms, limiting liability and risk transfers, labor compliance, liquidated damages, disputes, statutory claim procedures, closeout and prompt payment of retention. The seminar will cover the recently expanded scope of the California conflict of interest statutes, prevailing wage enforcement and statutory limits on indemnities and damages. Covering more than just the nuts and bolts, the seminar will provide perspectives on the most important issues that arise and how the manager strikes the right balance in the solutions chosen at each stage.
The topics include:
- Options and Selection of a Contracting Method
- Generally Applicable Statutes and Requirements
- Procuring Consultants, Architects, Engineers, Construction Managers
- Preparing the Construction Contract
- Procuring the Construction Team
- Common Bidding Issues and Bid Protests
- Managing Construction Issues
- Managing Project Change and Emerging Claims
- Understanding and Drafting for Claims on Public Works Projects
- Managing Project Closeout
- Managing the Disputes and Claims Process Required Under PCC § 9204
REGISTER - Los Angeles
October 30, 8:30 AM-4:30 PM, click here to register
A 50% discount is available for Meyers Nave clients and colleagues. Please use priority code 15999 and discount code V8204896 on the first page of checkout. Click here for the agenda.