Aon Center Auditorium
Please join Eric Firstman, Chair of Meyers Nave's Construction Practice, and Meyers Nave Of Counsel Doug McManamon for a full-day program that will review the key issues and trade-offs at each stage of a California public works construction project. Starting with selection of a project delivery method, the seminar will move through the life cycle of a project including professional services agreements, prequalification and best value selection, key construction contract terms, limiting liability and risk transfers, labor compliance, liquidated damages, disputes, statutory claim procedures, closeout and prompt payment of retention.
The seminar will cover the recently expanded scope of the California conflict of interest statutes, prevailing wage enforcement and statutory limits on indemnities and damages. Covering more than just the nuts and bolts, the seminar will provide perspectives on the most important issues that arise and how the manager strikes the right balance in the solutions chosen at each stage. The seminar is approved for the following credits: CA MCLE 6.00, AICP 6.0 and ISM 6.00.
The topics include:
- Options and Selection of a Contracting Method
- Generally Applicable Statutes and Requirements
- Procuring Consultants, Architects, Engineers, Construction Managers
- Preparing the Construction Contract
- Procuring the Construction Team
- Common Bidding Issues and Bid Protests
- Managing Construction Issues
- Managing Project Change and Emerging Claims
- Understanding and Drafting for Claims on Public Works Projects
- Managing Project Closeout
- Managing the Disputes and Claims Process Required Under PCC § 9204
Date: Thursday, November 2
Time: 8:30 AM (registration and continental breakfast) - 4:30 PM PST (includes lunch)
Location: Aon Center Auditorium, 707 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA, 90017
Register: Please click here for the program brochure and here to register for the seminar on the Lorman Education Services website. Please use code J3188262 for a 50% discount available to Meyers Nave clients and contacts. The discount code field is located on the first page of checkout.