This CALPELRALearn program unravels the mysteries of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), focusing on auditing your agency's current overtime practices and moving toward best practices. The program will highlight recent developments and key problem areas.
This three-hour program will provide essential information about identifying, responding to, and litigating overtime issues:
- Learn about the key areas of FLSA analysis, including coverage, exemption, hours worked, work periods, regular rates of pay, compensatory time off, and record-keeping.
- Learn a step-by-step approach to auditing your agency's overtime practices.
- Learn about key problem areas, including flex time, making assumptions about exempt status, lunch breaks, travel time, and training.
- Better understand work period options available for classifications other than the common 7 day/40 hour threshold.
- Learn about the latest FLSA developments, including donning and doffing, "on/off the clock" time, MOU vs. FLSA overtime, and exemption trends following the DOL's "new" white collar exemption regulations.