Financial Analyst (Oakland, CA)
Meyers Nave is recruiting for a Financial Analyst. This is an exempt position reporting to the Director of Finance and is located in the Firm’s Oakland office.
ABOUT MEYERS NAVE
Meyers Nave has an exceptional reputation in California as a go-to law firm that clients rely on to handle their highest profile, most complicated and often most controversial transactions and litigated matters. Attorneys work in multi-disciplinary teams to help public agencies, private businesses and non-profit organizations navigate complex local, state and federal laws and regulations. Meyers Nave was founded over 30 years ago and has grown into a state-wide firm with approximately 65 attorneys in five locations.
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for financial planning, analysis and financial performance projections. Support department leaders by providing analytical and reporting support to assist in financial decision making.
As the Financial Analyst, one is held accountable to, but not limited to the following job functions:
- Perform trend analysis by synthesizing data from multiple sources and looking for best way to summarize the data
- Identify key performance metrics and present findings to upper management
- Prepare monthly financial report, quarterly forecasts, bi-weekly cash flow forecast, and actual vs plan variance analysis
- Develop an expertise in Meyers Nave’s key financial systems and provide support to Finance counterpart departments
- Design and build reports that help monitor financial performance relative to strategic goals and objectives
- Develop integrated revenue/expense analyses, projections, reports, and presentations
- Hold periodic meeting reviews with leaders and help identify areas for improvement
- Assist in preparation of management presentations
- Help build financial models in support of resource management and price optimization
- Responsible for accurate data inputs into financial and planning models.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with peers
- Work in a collaborative and fast pace environment
Management retains the right to add to or change the duties of this position at any time.
The following qualifications are required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related
- 2 – 3 years of Finance and Accounting experience (professional services experience i.e. legal or accounting a plus)
- Advanced MS Excel skills (including modeling, lookup functions, pivot tables, etc.); experience working with relational databases a plus)
- Some experience using data visualization platforms (i.e. PowerBI or Tablou)
- Some experience writing reports using systems like Access, SSRS, Business Objects, etc.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skill
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high ethical standards and strict confidentiality
- Maintains positive attitude, works well in a team environment as well as independently
- Attention to details, while able to see the ‘Big Picture’ view
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Meyers Nave is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any qualified applicant’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status or any other category protected by law.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com