Financial Analyst – Oakland
Meyers Nave is recruiting for a Financial Analyst. This is an exempt position reporting to the Director of Finance and is located in the Firm’s Oakland office.
ABOUT MEYERS NAVE
Meyers Nave has an exceptional reputation in California as a go-to law firm that clients rely on to handle their highest profile, most complicated and often most controversial transactions and litigated matters. Attorneys work in multi-disciplinary teams to help public agencies, private businesses and non-profit organizations navigate complex local, state and federal laws and regulations. Meyers Nave was founded over 30 years ago and has grown into a state-wide firm with approximately 65 attorneys in five locations.
The Financial Analyst compiles and analyzes Firm financial data to assist the Director of Finance and Chief Operating Officer in strengthening the Firm’s financial position.
The position’s essential functions include but are not limited to the following functions:
- Act as the internal expert on firm’s ERP/financial system;
- Write and modify SQL query to extract data from ERP to Excel for financial analysis;
- Develop integrated revenue/expense analyses, projections, reports, and presentations;
- Improve financial status by analyzing results, monitoring variances, identifying trends, and recommending actions to management;
- Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data to improve data integrate and accuracy;
- Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses;
- Increase productivity by developing automated accounting applications and coordinating information requirements;
- Create and analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports;
- Support the timely preparation, interpretation, and analysis of Firm financial data and statements which cover revenue, earnings, and profitability at the client and matter/project levels;
- Manage the preparation of the Firm’s annual budget and quarterly reforecasts;
- Manage various analytical projects with the Chief Operating Officer and Director of Finance;
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with Firm personnel and external contacts such as banking and accounting professionals, clients, vendors, attorneys, and all levels of management;
- Travel to all Meyers Nave offices on an as-needed basis;
- Work on-site on a regular, punctual and reliable schedule;
- Work extended hours as needed;
- Work cordially, cooperatively, and productively with all Firm employees;
- Maintain composure and work efficiently and accurately during highly stressful circumstances;
- Handle multiple projects and deadlines;
- Perform other essential functions as assigned and take ownership of assigned projects;
- Maintain a current level of professional knowledge in accounting functions and ERP systems;
- Maintain a professional network and key resource contacts;
- Work independently under limited supervisions; and
- Accept responsibility for individual personal growth and development.
Management retains the right to add to or change the duties of this position at any time.
The following qualifications are required unless otherwise noted:
- Four-year college degree required, preferably in accounting, business, finance, or mathematics;
- Advanced credentials, such as CPA or MBA is a plus;
- 3+ years of Finance and Accounting experience preferably within a professional services firm (i.e. legal or accounting);
- Working knowledge of accounting principles, systems, practices, controls, and procedures which conform to generally accepted accounting principles and reflect operating costs, budgets, and profitability;
- Advanced Excel skills, intermediate SQL skills to query data from financial system (bonus: if you have worked with relational DB’s);
- Systems conversion or implementation experience a plus;
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high ethical standards and strict confidentiality;
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to communicate in person and by phone with a diverse group of attorneys, staff and vendors to provide information with courtesy and tact;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, work well under stress and respond quickly to changing priorities; and
- Ability to work independently, with little direction, evaluate problems and formulate successful solutions.
Meyers Nave is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any qualified applicant’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status or any other category protected by law.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No agency submissions.