Financial & Business Operations Analyst (Oakland)
Meyers Nave is recruiting for a Financial & Business Operations Analyst. This is an exempt position reporting to the Director of Finance and is located in the Firm’s Oakland office.
ABOUT MEYERS NAVE
Meyers Nave has an exceptional reputation in California as a go-to law firm that clients rely on to handle their highest profile, most complicated and often most controversial transactions and litigated matters. Attorneys work in multi-disciplinary teams to help public agencies, private businesses and non-profit organizations navigate complex local, state and federal laws and regulations. Meyers Nave was founded over 35 years ago and has grown into a state-wide firm with approximately 65 attorneys in five locations.
The Financial & Business Operations Analyst will be responsible for supporting the Firm’s financial and profitability efforts as well as assisting with strategic and routine business analysis and reporting. The Financial & Business Operations Analyst will work closely with the Director of Finance and Chief Operating Officer to perform various analyses and to use data to inform strategic business decisions. Other core responsibilities are laid out below.
As the Financial & Business Operations Analyst, one is held accountable to, but not limited to the following job functions:
Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Produce and prepare Firm monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Provide analysis, commentary and distribute reports to management
- Assist in the preparation of the Firm’s annual budget and quarterly reforecasts
- Write and modify SQL query to extract data from ERP to Excel for financial analysis;
- Develop integrated revenue/expense analyses, projections, reports, and presentations;
Pricing and Matter Management
- Prepare, model and analyze various fee or pricing options as requested
- Assist with templates and tools to help standardize pricing procedures and metrics; and ensure financial, pricing, and matter management tools are effectively integrated.
- Assist in the preparation of new business proposals, RFPs and profitability analysis
- Assist Dir. of Finance and COO in educating and consistently conveying profitability- focused pricing analyses in line with firm expectations.
- Gather and synthesize data from disparate sources to support the needs of Practice Groups and other Administrative departments
- Provide analysis and insight to Practice Group Leaders and Directors to support their decision with regards to budgeting, forecasting and expense management
- Assist in implementing and maintaining the Firm’s financial systems and processes
- Assist Dir. of Finance and COO in implementation and integration of new finance and business applications to drive efficiency and productivity
- Prepare ad hoc analysis and perform other duties as needed
- Manage various analytical projects with the Chief Operating Officer and Director of Finance
Management retains the right to add to or change the duties of this position at any time.
The following qualifications are required:
- Four-year college degree required
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Computer Science or Mathematics preferred
- Advanced credentials, such as CPA or MBA is a plus;
- Minimum 4 years relevant experience, with 2+ years in a law firm or other professional services firm
- Experience with technologies and platforms frequently used in law firms preferred (ex: Elite Enterprise/3E/Aderant/Rippe & Kingston, Intellistat, Intapp, Tableau, Smartsheet)
- Financial system conversion or implementation experience a plus
Skills & Abilities
- Advanced Excel skills with ability to gather, structure & analyze data sets using advanced queries, pivot tables, charting, etc.
- Intermediate SQL skills to query data from financial system; experience working with relational database, a plus
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with courtesy, diplomacy and discretion
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, work well under stress and respond quickly to changing priorities and deadlines
- Effective problem solver capable of working both independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high ethical standards and strict confidentiality;
- Maintain a current level of professional knowledge in accounting functions, ERP and for individual personal growth and development.
Meyers Nave is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any qualified applicant’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status or any other category protected by law.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com
Direct applicants only. The Firm is not accepting submissions from recruiters for this position.