Litigation Paralegal (Los Angeles, CA)
Meyers Nave is recruiting for a full time Litigation Paralegal. This is a nonexempt position reporting to the Director of Administration and is located in the Firm’s Downtown Los Angeles office. This is a primarily on-site role. Limited remote work may be available.
ABOUT MEYERS NAVE
Meyers Nave has an exceptional reputation in California as a go-to law firm that clients rely on to handle their highest profile, most complicated and often most controversial transactions and litigated matters. Attorneys work in multi-disciplinary teams to help public agencies, private businesses, and non-profit organizations navigate complex local, state and federal laws and regulations. Meyers Nave was founded over 35 years ago and has grown into a state-wide firm with approximately 65 attorneys in five locations.
This position will support the firm’s Trial and Litigation Group, which includes a robust litigation practice focused on complex crisis litigation in the areas of constitutional law, wildfire litigation, COVID-19 litigation, civil rights claims in the land use context, First Amendment claims, takings, and class action litigation. The Group is actively engaged in all phases of litigation in both federal and state court from initial pleadings through discovery, dispositive motion practice, trial, and appeal.
Our Litigation Paralegals work closely with attorneys and team members to proactively oversee case management from inception through and after trial or settlement; draft, review, and revise legal documents; maintain case files and update discovery logs and indices; support and manage document productions; assist with deposition and hearing preparation, including identifying and gathering exhibit documents and creating witness outlines; cite-check briefs, including both legal and factual citations; assist with document review and coordinate with the Litigation Support Group for back-end database management using iPro, or other recognized review platforms.
In addition, you will satisfy an annual 1575 billable hour budget; work extended hours as needed; travel as required for case support; demonstrate excellent customer support; and attend work on-site on a regular, punctual and reliable schedule.
- Ability to work and bill as a paralegal under Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code section 6450;
- A bachelor’s degree;
- Minimum of five years of experience working as a paralegal with a California law firm or in-house legal department;
- Proficiency with latest Microsoft Office Suite and/or Office 365;
- Prior experience with iPro (or other eDiscovery software), and Adobe Acrobat Pro XI;
- Strong legal research database skills and experience with Westlaw (preferred) and/or Lexis;
- Understanding and knowledge of legal procedures, rules of court, and local rules;
- Experience with eDiscovery;
- Ability to work independently with little or no direction;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high ethical standards and strict confidentiality of all information that the employee may receive as a result of her or his role; and
- Strong written skills, verbal skills, and interpersonal skills;
Meyers Nave is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any qualified applicant’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status or any other category protected by law. Meyers Nave will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with state law.
The pay range for this position is $44.00 – $54.00 per hour, and represents the firm’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. Actual compensation will depend upon a number of factors, including but not limited to, the candidate’s years of experience, qualifications, and skill set.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should click here to apply.
Meyers Nave complies with the requirements of all applicable California and federal employment laws, including those protecting disabled individuals. If you have difficulty using our online application system due to a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact us via email or phone: firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 808-2000.