Payroll & Accounts Payable Coordinator – 3+ Years Experience (Oakland, CA)
Meyers Nave is recruiting for a full-time Payroll and Accounts Payable Coordinator. This is a nonexempt position, reporting to the Accounting Supervisor, and is located in the Firm’s downtown Oakland office. This role will initially be located onsite, with the option for a hybrid work schedule after approximately six months.
ABOUT MEYERS NAVE
Meyers Nave has an exceptional reputation in California as a go-to law firm that clients rely on to handle their highest profile, most complicated and often most controversial transactions and litigated matters. Attorneys work in multi-disciplinary teams to help public agencies, private businesses and non-profit organizations navigate complex local, state and federal laws and regulations. Meyers Nave was founded over 30 years ago and has grown into a state-wide firm with approximately 65 attorneys in five locations.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Accounting team at Meyers Nave partners with firm leadership and staff to ensure efficient operational execution of all accounting processes, in service of the firm’s financial and strategic goals. The Payroll and Accounts Payable Coordinator will collaborate with the Director of Finance and other team members in processing and performing payroll and accounts payable functions. The successful candidate will be committed to quality, customer service, and teamwork, and be able to maintain composure and produce accurate work product in a fast-paced environment.
This position will be based in Meyers Nave’s offices in downtown Oakland, CA. We initially expect this role to be based 100% onsite for approximately six months, to facilitate learning and collaboration with existing members of the Finance team. After this initial period, the position can transition to a hybrid schedule, with at least three days in office each week.
- Process semimonthly payroll to ensure pay is accurately calculated and proper deductions are made.
- Prepare and verify statements of earnings for employees, indicating gross and net salaries and deductions such as taxes, SDI, garnishments and other third party wage assignments. Maintains open communication with Human Resources.
- Process employee timecards, ensuring information is accurate and complete. Review paid time off accruals.
- Promptly and accurately capture changes to employee status that affect tax withholdings, benefit deductions, and time off accruals. Review benefit deductions for accuracy on a monthly basis.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding employee compensation, and when collaborating with HR on confidential matters pertaining to employees departures or status changes.
- Process accounts payable daily. Reviews and pay vendor invoices, setting up new vendors as necessary.
- Review and reconcile monthly expense reports and credit card statements from all attorneys and staff. Audit expenses in compliance with firm policies.
- Draw checks for payments to vendors and obtain signatures. Provides trust checks as needed.
- Remain calm and focused during month end or annual deadlines while producing accurate work product.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A four-year degree preferred from an accredited university or college, or equivalent work experience.
- Three (3) or more years of progressively responsible work experience in both areas of payroll and accounts payable (experience in a law firm or professional services firm is preferred).
- Experience with SurePoint preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high ethical standards and strict confidentiality when reviewing or processing sensitive information.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and update skills relevant to the position.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them accurately under time constraints.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate in person and by phone with a diverse group of attorneys, staff and vendors to provide information and resolve problems with courtesy and tact.
Meyers Nave is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any qualified applicant’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status or any other category protected by law. Meyers Nave will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with state law.
The salary range for this California-based role is $68,000 – $80,000, and represents the firm’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. Actual compensation will depend upon a number of factors, including but not limited to, the candidate’s years of experience, qualifications, skill set and office location.
Meyers Nave complies with the requirements of all applicable California and federal employment laws, including those protecting disabled individuals. If you have difficulty using our online application system due to a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact us via email or phone: email@example.com or (510) 808-2000.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates please CLICK HERE to apply.