Breach of Contract, Fraud and Deceptive Trade Practice Claims
- Obtained favorable settlement for higher education service provider in connection with alleged breach of contract claim venued in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- Achieved a highly favorable settlement following mediation on behalf of an international heavy industry manufacturer in a breach of contract dispute.
- Defended four officers and directors in a state-court derivative and breach of contract action.
- Assisted the claimant in an international arbitration involving the wrongful termination of auto dealership agreements.
- Represented the claimant in a domestic arbitration relating to the wrongful termination of restaurant franchise agreements.
- Defending a major ship-owning and ship-management company in an international arbitration relating to a contract for the transshipment of coal.
- Obtained defense verdict at trial for an automotive chain against complaints of fraud and unfair business practices against customers. Also obtained dismissal of corresponding regulatory action.
- Obtained favorable settlement on third day of trial on behalf a supermarket chain against a French restaurateur for breach of a service and supply contract concerning bread making and patisserie products.
- For a national big-box retailer of software, consumer electronics, household appliances and computer hardware: (1) obtained a defense verdict after a two-month trial regarding allegations of antitrust violations and unfair business practices in the San Diego market, (2) obtained favorable settlements, seizures, and restitution orders for in high-profile cases arising out of the theft of over $120 million dollars through three years of multiparty litigation and (3) obtained favorable settlement at mediation in an action for breach of contract and unpaid commissions that the company brought against a cell phone provider.