Consumer Class Actions
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice of class action claims relating to Google’s mobile subscription service AdWords.
- Prevailed on appeal in the Seventh Circuit to uphold dismissal of a class action asserting violations of the Social Security Act and state consumer protection laws against DISH Network.
- Defended a California bank in a consumer class action and fended off two copycat class actions alleging violations of California’s unfair competition laws relating to overdraft fee litigation.
- Defeated class certification in a complex Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) class action in the District of Colorado.
- Lead counsel for online ticketing and marketing company in defense and settlement of a nationwide class action asserting privacy claims arising from data breach.
- Obtained favorable settlement for Singapore-based hotel industry client of purported class action asserting violations of California’s statute prohibiting the recording of conversations.
- Secured voluntary dismissal of a putative class action against a television services provider in the Pacquiao-Mayweather MDL in the Central District of California.
- Obtained dismissal of class action complaint with prejudice, and awarded sanctions against plaintiffs, in an action alleging unfair business practices toward vendors.
- Defended international resort developer in multi-plaintiff action related to the Interstate Land Sales Full Disclosure Act (ILSA) and California Subdivided Lands Act.