Consumer Products Regulatory and Litigation
- Represent retailer and manufacturer of cosmetics and drugs concerning slack fill allegations by California District Attorneys.
- Defend clients in District Attorney and Attorney General investigations alleging false or misleading labeling or advertising of cosmetics, over-the-counter drugs, dietary supplements, and homeopathic products.
- Successfully defended Lush Cosmetics by having the Superior Court sustain a demurrer without leave to amend with regard to Proposition 65, Consumer Legal Remedies Act, and Unfair Business Practice claims.
- Defense of publishing company against unfair competition and false advertising claims asserted by California District Attorneys relating to alleged negative option subscriptions.
- Assisted a major manufacturer of lawn and pet care products in a nationwide product-liability class action.
- Defended a pharmaceuticals manufacturer in two series of product-liability cases pending in several state jurisdictions.
- Represent foreign companies in federal multi-district litigation relating to the manufacture and sale of allegedly defective drywall.
- Represent a major chemical manufacturer in state-court asbestos litigation.