Government Investigations and Enforcement Actions
- Defended national product distributor in defense of government enforcement action involving alleged violations of California’s false advertising law, and Sherman Food, Drug and Cosmetic Law.
- Obtained favorable, non-litigation resolution for higher education technology company in connection with False Claims Act investigation by Department of Education and Department of Justice regarding financial federal aid payments.
- Obtained favorable, non-litigation resolution for national retailer in federal False Claims Act investigation alleging overpayments of more than $100 million to public benefit program.
- Represented former President of Countrywide Financial Corporation in connection with investigations by and litigation with the California Attorney General and the SEC, and related class actions.
- Represented satellite consortium in litigation against its former CEO for participating in a scheme to defraud the company and obtain $4.8 million in rigged construction and financing contracts.
- Represented President and CEO of entertainment company in a criminal investigation and lawsuit arising from federal RICO and state conspiracy charges.
- Defended co-founder of a real estate mortgage banking company in a federal investigation involving allegations of bank and loan fraud and false representations.
- Obtained full acquittal after a six-week trial for former CFO of medical distribution company in connection with criminal securities fraud charges by U.S. DOJ, arising out of $9 billion stock market capitalization loss following earnings restatement.