- Public Sector Procurement EthicsDecember 8, 2011A Webinar on the subject of ethics in public sector procurement. Ben will review tools for a transparent, impartial and credible public sector procurement process.
- Interplay of Key Leave Laws: Navigating ADA, FMLA, FEHA, and Worker’s Compensation LawDecember 1, 2011CALPELRA 2011 Annual Conference - A popular and interactive session providing a step-by-step method for navigating these various leave and disability laws, and for bringing closure in the case of employees on extended leaves.
- POBAR and FOBAR UpdateNovember 30, 2011CALPELRA 2011 Annual Conference - The highlights of the year's Public Safety Officer's Bill Of Rights Act and Firefighters Procedural Bill Of Rights Act developments, as well as the exchange of perspectives on several case scenarios. Paul Goyette of Goyette & Associates will join Art Hartinger for this presentation.
- New Laws and Elections: Effective Working Relationships with the City ClerkNovember 30, 2011City Clerks Department Annual Conference. In her capacity as City Attorney, Ms. Williams will be speaking on effective working relationships with City Clerks.
- Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law: Understanding Eminent Domain PowersNovember 17, 2011Understanding eminent domain powers; Source of eminent domain powers; History of the exercise of eminent domain powers; Types of eminent domain "takings;" Participating in the condemnation process; Appealing a condemnation decision; Understanding regulatory "takings" and inverse condemnation.
- Work Place Rules: Contractors, Qualifications, Liability and ComplianceNovember 8, 2011APWA's Annual Public Works Conference. An in-depth look at addressing liability related to the California Labor Department's Multi-Employer Workplace rules.
- Are The Courts In The Canoe With Us Or Are We Paddling Up A Creek Alone?November 2, 2011Learn about cases decided by the courts that effect what you do at work. Don't miss this information that will keep your canoe from tipping over!
- Cold as I.C.E.: How Not to Get Burned by the National Immigration Debate on Your CampusOctober 13, 2011The immigration debate’s effect on U.S. school districts is a growing concern and teachers and administrators must be prepared to contend with its ensuing legalities. Using the San Francisco Unified School District as a test case, participants will survey the legal rights and responsibilities of school district officials, teachers, and students with respect to Immigration and Customs Enforcement as they pertain to activities on school ... read more
- Paradigm Shift: Transparency, Sustainability & Accountability in Public Sector Employee CompensationSeptember 23, 2011LOCC 2011 Annual Conference. Provide recent trends driven in largely by the significant economic downturn and the new scrutiny given to public sector compensation packages. Review where our cities have been: bankruptcy; efforts to repeal arbitration and impose reforms; scandal leading to a lawsuit by the Attorney General; and, labor unrest and mixed reactions to efforts to achieve concessions. Suggest a new and emerging paradigm of ... read more
- Gang Injunctions: How to Get One – What You Know is Out of DateSeptember 23, 2011LOCC 2011 Annual Conference. Up-to-date, informative presentation on Gang Injunctions.