- Workplace Bullying: The Next Harassment Claim?November 20, 2013More than a dozen states have considered anti-bullying laws in the past year that would allow litigants to pursue lost wages, benefits, and medical expenses, and compel employers to prevent an “abusive work environment.” While California waits for anti-bullying legislation, employees are beginning to file personnel complaints in growing numbers alleging intimidation and demeaning behavior by supervisors and co-workers, including verbal abuse, cyber abuse, threats, ... read more
- A Panel Discussion With The PERB General CounselNovember 20, 2013Join us for a lively discussion with the PERB General Counsel, Suzanne Murphy. The panel will pose a number of questions that should help inform practitioners and parties in their interactions with PERB, including questions aimed at changes in procedures; preferences of the General Counsel’s Office; staffing and structure of PERB; new rules; new jurisdictional oversight over State Mediation; injunction procedures; trends; and related questions. ... read more
- Webinar: Ethics AB1234 Compliance TrainingNovember 7, 2013This two-hour course covers general ethics principles and state laws related to: personal gain by public servants, conflict of interest, bribery and nepotism, gift, travel, mass mailing restrictions, honoraria, financial interest disclosure and competitive bidding, prohibitions on the use of public resources for personal or political purposes, the Brown Act Open meeting law, and the Public Records Act.
- Staying in Compliance: Understanding Fundamental LawsOctober 18, 2013Attendees will receive an overview of the latest updates and protocols for closed sessions; an understanding of the Public Records Act; current legislative developments and/or updates; an understanding of the Political Reform Act; an overview of Government code 1090, which addresses contractual conflicts of interests; and AB 1234 Compliance Training.
- Leaves: FMLA, ADA, PDL, CFRA – PELRAC 4th Annual Training ConferenceOctober 17, 2013The alphabet soup: from ADA to USERRA and everywhere in between. Are you staying afloat or are you sinking in all the changes in laws? Well fear not, the life preserver is being thrown out as Samantha will keep you up to date and provide you invaluable information to turn your soup into a meal worthy of a Captain.
- Medical Marijuana Work Session – IMLA Annual ConferenceOctober 1, 2013Join us for this informative session to cover zoning and ordinances, cooperatives, dispensaries, the City of Riverside decision, and more.
- Electronic Communications and Open Meeting LawsOctober 1, 2013Join us for this informative session covering electronic communications, records and advances; the Open Meetings Act and other open meetings laws.
- Social Media Firings: The NLRB’s Do’s and Don’tsOctober 1, 2013This informative session will cover the ethical and practical considerations of lawyers using Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blogs and more.
- Municipal Bonds – SEC Enforcement Actions Against MunicipalitiesSeptember 30, 2013Join us for this informative work session to discuss disclosure requirements, municipal liability, SEC enforcement actions, MSRB decisions, and recent municipal securities law developments.
- First Amendment Issues – First Amendment vs. Public SafetySeptember 30, 2013Join us for this informative work session to discuss the regulation of aggressive panhandling and legislative prayer.